From: liquidator on

"Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote in message
> Thanks to all.
> And I must say I`m disappointed with the Tapco...fried due to a overload,
> wich the behringer handled without problems!!!

As has been multiple posted, the Tapco is a Sekaku in drag. Same amp is sold
as Nady and Alto.

A google of the group will reveal Graham and I- on opposite sides of the
Atlantic- fried Sekaku amps just trying to do bench testing.
If the thing can't survive moderate bench testing it sure won't survive
live.

Moral- Google before buying.

The Behringer 2500 passed BTW. Have never tested a 1500. Here they are only
a few bucks apart- the 1500 makes no sense, especially in terms of resale
value.

Wish they made a big brother to the 2500.

Oh, well, people in Hell want ice water.

From: liquidator on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> tbmoas58(a)peoplepc.com wrote:
>
> > "Per" <perjust(a)dlgtele.dk> wrote
> >
> > > Thanks to all.
> > > And I must say I`m disappointed with the Tapco...fried due to a
overload,
> > > wich the behringer handled without problems!!!
> > > And thanks for your offers Peter, I`ll think about it.
> >
> > remember that any time your considering a mackie
> > you may or may not be aware that tapco was one of Greg Mackies first
> > companies.
> > and still has his fingerprints all over it
>
> There are none of his fingerprints on the Tapco amplifiers which are OEM
Sekaku
> 'copies' of QSC RMXs branded as Tapco.
>
> Graham

Tapco is in name only. Actually EV owned the name but I suspect they just
haven't used it. Trademarks go away if you don't use and defend them, at
least here in the US.

Mackie either bought it back or, I suspect, just started using it again.

Yes it is a Sekaku and is junk.

From: liquidator on

"hank alrich" <walkinay(a)thegrid.net> wrote in message
> Eeyore wrote:
>
> > hank alrich wrote:

> > > I don't think that's true. Mackie hs been under control of the Loud
> > > Technologies bean counters for a long itme now. I doubt Greg had
> > > anything at all to do with the design of that amp.
> >
> > Neither did Loud Technologies. I had samples of the very same units to
> > evaluate ( except they were painted white rather than black ).
>
> I certainly didn't mean to imply that the Loud bean counters could be
> "designing" amps. <g>

LOL.

Sekaku amps could be useful in fireworks displays.

It reminds me of when the Japanese first started copying American guitars-
they copied a lot of the bad things and left out a lot of the good.

From: Phil Allison on

"liquidator"

> As has been multiple posted, the Tapco is a Sekaku in drag.

** Well, hello sailor .....

> A google of the group will reveal Graham and I- on opposite sides of the
> Atlantic- fried Sekaku amps just trying to do bench testing.
> If the thing can't survive moderate bench testing it sure won't survive
> live.

** A new Chevin Research Q6 self destructed during ordinary bench testing
( the amp was not a faulty example).

Easy to get smoke pouring out of the AC supply transformer inside a Carver
PM1.5 during ordinary bench testing.

Point is - bench testing often exceeds what amps experience in normal
operation with music program.

....... Phil

From: TimPerry on

> The Behringer 2500 passed BTW. Have never tested a 1500. Here they
> are only a few bucks apart- the 1500 makes no sense, especially in
> terms of resale value.

i have one, i dont use it extensivly but it works as well as RMX 1450's

> Wish they made a big brother to the 2500.
>
> Oh, well, people in Hell want ice water.

an RMX 5050 at Behringer prices?