First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 20 May 2010 06:13
Linq xml to dictionary help
Form Coordinates from within Control
[Beginner C# Programmer] Say you have an ovalShape control on a form. When you move the mouse around the form, you can easily read the form's X and Y coordinates from the MouseEventsArgs e.Location. However, when the mouse moves into the ovalShape control area, it now gets the coordinates from within that co... 20 May 2010 11:40
Need to call COM component using reflections in C#.NET
Hello, I need to determin the COM component(unmanaged code) type and invoke the exposed interface's methods using reflection in C#.NET at runtime. 1 -- First What member of "Type" tells that type is COM component and we can take CLSID at runtime? Is Type.COMObject? 2 -- I need to call methods of exposed inter... 20 May 2010 04:05
What Do I Need To Learn Beside C Sharp To Make a GUI That Communicates To A Machine???
Could someone please give me some direction? I want to create C# GUIs using Microsoft Visual Studio because I like the way they appear. (I do not know how to program in C# yet.) The GUIs I create on one computer will need to communicate with a machine that has an on-board computer running a C Program in the LINU... 22 May 2010 23:38
ComboBox.Text gets reset between event calls
I am trying to make a ComboBox that will AutoResize to the text being displayed. The steps I take are: OnTextChanged(EventArgs e) { base.OnTextChanged(e); ResizeTextBox(); } private void ResizeTextBox() { Graphics CurrentGraphics; int StringWidth; int MinWidth;... 19 May 2010 16:03
Converting VARBINARY back to a string
Hey all, I'm dealing with a legacy ASP app, and I believe to prevent passwords from being casually observed in the database, the developer converted the password to VARBINARY: qry = "UPDATE Users SET Password = CONVERT( VARBINARY, '" & newPassword & "' ), " ***SNIP**** I now have to ensure those password... 19 May 2010 20:31
How to overcome Process.Start limitation
Hi, I am having a lot of pain with a simple issue: Trying to execute a command with parameters something like "iexplore http://google.com". I am not sure what the command will be or how the command will be formatted, so I would love not to have to parse it (cover all situations), however Process.Start gives me "T... 21 May 2010 07:19
A Complete multithreaded console program that is using severalapp domains
Tony Johansson wrote: Hi! Here I have a console program that is creating 5 app domain running an exe in each one. Now assume that I want to run 5 exe files called Foo.exe. If I instead only created one app domain and started 5 threads running the Foo.exe in each thread which solution od these tw... 19 May 2010 03:55
Return null if query is empty
Hello, I am getting a record as follows: User user = _context.Users.FirstOrDefault(u => u.Id == task.User.Id); How can I make user to be null if no user is found with such an id. At the moment I get an exception ... If I use only First I also get an exception. Thanks, Miguel ... 18 May 2010 15:54