First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
How to Handle Nulls Passed to Extension Methods
Hello: What is the correct/typical way to handle null "this" arguments passed to an extension method? Thanks, Travis Parks ... 13 May 2010 02:54
Interface as a field
Hello, This looks like an interface as a field or property: public class AccountController : Controller { public IFormsAuthenticationService FormsService { get; set; } public IMembershipService MembershipService { get; set; } protected override void Initialize(RequestConte... 10 May 2010 19:56
First deployment of .net winforms help needed
Hello, I've never had to deploy a .net solution (winforms) before. In the past (with COM) I'd have to register any dlls with regsvr32. Now with .net we don't have to do that but I'm not sure exactly how to deploy a .net solution. If I compiled a visual studio project in .net 3.5 I need to make sure the destina... 10 May 2010 17:41
Synchorization with ReadeWriterLock class
Hi! Can somebody give an example when this ReaderWriterLock vlass might be good to use. I just wonder is it when you are accessing member data in a class or perhaps when using some kind of external files. //Tony ... 10 May 2010 22:08
deadlock
Hi! Here I have some code that could cause deadlock I have tried to force a deadlock from this program but I can't the only thing that I have noticed is that sometimes it take a time before the First and Second is written to the Console screen. So I have two qestions. 1. Is there perhaps some automatic releas... 11 May 2010 06:46
Reading a file as long as it is open by another process
Hi, I have two processes, one writres a text file and the other reads it. I'm looking for a way to pend the reader when it reaches to the end of the file, for as long as the writer holds the file open. i.e. if the reader reaches EOF, and then the writer adds a new row, i'd like the reader to be able to read the ne... 13 May 2010 09:23
about using the Lock synchorization mechanism
Hi! At the bottom I have a class named Counter and in a method called UpdateCount I use this statement lock(this) to synchronize so that only one thread can access this section of code. In class Test is main located also listed at the end. I made a test to access method Foo in this class Counter using the sa... 11 May 2010 05:42
hashtable with irregular values, casting
.... ht = new Hashtable() { {"op1", (string)""}, {"op2", new Hashtable()} } When I access this hash, the compiler requires I cast it. Why? Didn't I just define it? This is required string s = (string)ht["op1"]; where I would think the following would suffice. (it doesn't) string s = ht[... 11 May 2010 03:33
Axis WebService, .NET 3.5 and empty array
Hi, I have some WebService created by Axis (v1.4). The WebService provides method which returns array of object of some type. The problem is, that when that method is returning empty array, deserializer generates array with one empty element, instade of empty array. My solution is written in .NET framework ... 10 May 2010 08:46
PSRemotingTransportRedirectException exception thrown withWSManConnectionInfo
Hi, You can catch the exception and redirect to the right URL try { WSManConnectionInfo connInfo = new WSManConnectionInfo(..); rs = RunspaceFactory.CreateRunspace(connInfo); rs.Open(); } catch(PSRemotingTransportRedirectException ex) { newurl = ex.RedirectLocation; } Now you can change the connInfo w... 10 May 2010 07:41