First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
metadata
Hi! Is it correct described if I say that metadata is everying that an assembly is using such as classes, structure interfaces, propery and methods. This was just some example. Metadata contains also info about each statement and local variable. //Tony ... 13 May 2010 21:36
running out of threads in the ThreadPool
Hi! I have check that the default available threads in the ThreadPool is 250 so I made this small check just to see what happen what I run out of threads. I noticed that I didn't get any kind of error such as execption or things like that. The only thing that happen is that no more threads is being used becau... 13 May 2010 07:11
one processor with multiple core and threads
Hi! If you have a computer with one processor and multiple core and you lock a section is it then possible that two threads can lock this section simultaneously. I mean when you have one processor with multiple core you can have two threads executing simultaneously so this would be possible. What would happ... 13 May 2010 20:30
ThreadPool and WaitHandle
Hi! In the book I'm reading it says. In lesson 2, you learned that all kernel-level synchronization objects(Mutex, Semaphore and Event) use WaitHandle as their base class. The thread pool also provides a mechanism to use threads in the pool to wait on these handles and fire off callbacks to methods when the ... 12 May 2010 20:21
plugin object in C#
How can I make plugin object in C# ? Thanks :) ... 13 May 2010 00:45
Exception in thread
Hi! What happens if there occur exception in thread. I assume that this doesn't affect the main thread in any way. You must catch and handle those exception in the thread where they happen. //Tony ... 13 May 2010 16:03
Off-topic: how do you check processes in memory? Like Task Managerdoes?
On 5/12/2010 20:48, RayLopez99 wrote: Thanks Arne. The Chessbase program is a fat client residing locally on my machine, and my web browser is Firefox. The website in question used what looked like to me JavaScript or something akin to Flash or Silverlight, and was able to figure out I was running Chessba... 12 May 2010 15:53
Grab a lock automatically without calling the lock(object) strange
Hi! Here I have a program that works but I don't really understand how it works as it does. This program is using two threads. It's the main thread and a secondary thread. When the secondary thread is executing this statement Monitor.Wait(locker); in method ConsumeMessage it will release the locker lock and ... 13 May 2010 01:49
Off-topic: how do you check processes in memory? Like Task Manager does?
A bit off-topic, but how do you check what processes or services or code is running in memory? Concrete example: I play chess online, and I also observe chess matches, such as yesterday's exciting finish to the 2010 World Chess championship. When I was on the chess site that was streaming the match, on the web p... 12 May 2010 15:53
most efficient way for multiselect in datagridview
Hi, I would like to be able to multi select rows in a datagridview, just by clicking a cell in the rows I need. The code below, does work. But it looks like it might not be the most efficient way to do this. When I run the program and select rows, the datagrid does not really instantly change, but you can see it... 13 May 2010 11:37