First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
SQL Job, Impersonation and Process.Start
Hi, I've posted this in the SQL Server programming group as well but thought I'd try here as its C# involved. At a client I'm working at, we need to send files via SFTP to a server on completion of several steps of a SQL Job. The client has a command line SFTP program which requires when invoking, to impers... 7 May 2010 15:38
A public class is not visible in the namespace ... why
Hi, The code in which this is happening is too large to post here, not to mention, I can't post snippets from this code here. So, right up front, I know that the problem may be masked in whatever "skeleton" code I write below. Never the less, it's all I've got to work with at this point. So, the question is... 13 May 2010 18:17
Create and sort on XML File
Currently I've I'm keeping a log file, or history file of how one our app's is used. I just have the app write data to a text file, so for each time it is ran I'm appending a line of text that is comma separated. The idea is that I can have another app read in that text file, and I'll be able to sort or filte... 6 May 2010 19:52
debugger class
Hi! This example was found in a book. It will write the text "This is my test" to the output that can be found under the View menu alternative. Trace.Listeners.Clear(); DefaultTraceListener myListener = new DefaultTraceListener(); Trace.Listeners.Add(myListener); System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Log(1, "Test", "Thi... 6 May 2010 13:05
OOP issue: should I pass an object or an object property?
I have been wondering about this for a while. Suppose I have a class Employee which has defined the following properties: EmployeeId FirstName MiddleName LastName .... ... Suppose now in another class, I need to use the employeeId in a method GetContactInfo. Now, should I pass an Employee object to GetC... 7 May 2010 20:04
Evetlog
Hi! Here I create an EventLog called MyTestLog and MyTestLog2. The strange thing that I find is that all sources like MyTestSource must only exist in one and only one EventLog In this example I get error if I try to add a source MyTestSource to new EventLog called MyTestLog2 So I can't find the point why a so... 6 May 2010 08:33
try & catch
Hi Error 1 Property or indexer 'System.Exception.Message' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only using System; namespace ConsoleApplication126 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { string x = null; try { if (x... 6 May 2010 19:52
Clean Cannot run my application outside VS without previously doing a "clean" before rebuild
SQACSharp wrote: My first use of attach process debugging... Problem = When several separate projects output dll to a SAME directory I need to add reference to that dll in my main project even if the main project is not using it. Compiling the main project delete the file (.dll) somehow. Adding a... 6 May 2010 02:02
Microsoft closing their newsgroups??
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx Anyone know if it's *all* the microsoft groups. Be a great shame if they do. mick ... 13 May 2010 09:23
Error Controlling tape changer with C#
Hi, First let me state that I posted this to Technet and got no help there. I know this is not the best code but I would like to get some pointers. I've been working on controlling a tape library using IOCTL commands. I'm working in C# and so far I can get the product data and the changer device status. I woul... 5 May 2010 16:03