First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Text output and kerning?
A quick test has revealed that my MFC app is ignoring kerning pairs when drawing text on its CView. Delving into the help system, I can't (thus far) find any mention of kerning. Is there something I have to do with one or more of CFont, DrawText(), TextOut(), ExtTextOut() in order for text to respect the ... 14 Mar 2010 21:00
DrawText and measuring offset strings
Hello everyone, I'm trying to draw a legenda on memDC like: colour square : description | colour square : description |.... since I need to apply an offset, is there a function or something to calculate the relative length of strings on graphic surface?... I think a character correspond to certain dot pitch ... 8 Mar 2010 06:25
What is the best way to drive (time) animations?
Hi, I've been using WM_TIMER for 2d animations. That is, I'd set a timer to a certain frequency and then move animation frames on timer messages. This approach was simple and sufficient for me in the past. I now need to animate 3D objects using Direct3D. I need more consistency and probably a bit higher ... 12 Mar 2010 11:41
proper way to close a socket?
I have a problem with CAsynsocket. I can connect to a remote socket. When I want to close the connection, I just delete the socket object (which closes the connection) and have no problems. But if I've started to connect to a remote socket that doesn't exist (or doesn't accept), and I delete the local socket o... 19 Mar 2010 23:29
typedef struct RTTI/Reflection
Is it possible in MFC to wrap a C typedef struct with a class so I can programmatically access the struct member name and type information? I guess the question is if I can do this via serialization. I was able to do this in .NET with reflection library, but I would like to do this in non-.NET C/C++. -- ... 8 Mar 2010 09:42
MDI CView and some kind of bar at bottom of CView
Hi, I have created a MDI project with CView's using VS2008Pro. I want to have some sort of bar at the bottom of every CView where i can put controls on, like buttons. I dont know how this bar is called and how to create one for every CView. I have a picture of it here to explain what i want. http://www.4share... 7 Mar 2010 14:05
Windows Installer
Hello, For the first-time, I am trying to build an installation program using VS. In the past, I always used Installshield. The problem I am having , is the application icons are displayed correctly on the desktop and on the program menu. Howevet, when the icons are clicked the application does not start, but ... 5 Mar 2010 19:38
Truncate a LPCTSTR
Hello everyone, I'm trying to truncate with a certain LPCTSTR string to n position and get another LPCTSTR variable truncated by that n position.... Is it possible? Any hint?... Thanks Ciao Luigi ... 5 Mar 2010 11:42
Truncate a LPCTSTR
Hello everyone, I'm trying to truncate with a certain LPCTSTR string to n position and get another LPCTSTR variable truncated by that n position.... Is it possible? Any hint?... Thanks Ciao Luigi ... 5 Mar 2010 16:15
OnClose() in CPropertySheet
Hi, I have a Wizard application created from CPropertySheet. In the Wizard property sheet, I override the OnClose() handler (and have ON_WM_CLOSE() in the message map) but the handler does not get called. I want it to be called when the user either cancels the wizard or closes it with the (x) button. Not sure... 5 Mar 2010 11:42