First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Hello, I am working at an application that has the following (admittedly somewhat strange) module architecture: * Application "A" dynamically loads my regular Unicode MFC DLL "R" (presumably by using LoadLibraryA) * "R" statically loads my unicode extension dll "E" * "E" itself statically loads two MBCS exten... 12 Feb 2010 14:37
File paths (UNC, mapped drives, etc.) in a client-server environment,how to?
This is a classic RPC C/S solution. Keep all file storage/location information on the server side only. Clients know nothing. Classic definition of Client/Server. Use true RPC or COM+/DCOM. -- HLS Eddie Paz wrote: I had a similar situation and I opted to store the files in the database itself... 9 Feb 2010 07:17
Saving as PDF?
Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file? I know there are pseudo-printers around which you can install so that when you 'print' to it it produces a PDF file, but I had in mind library code that would give you a CDC or hDC, let you draw on it, and then deposit the result in a PDF file. Does s... 15 Feb 2010 14:21
Tooltips like VS
I'm trying to reproduce the behavior of Visual Studio where the tabs show the filename and when you hover over the tab it gives you the full path to that file. I started the MDI project as having Visual styles and colors: Visual Studio 2005. I'm developing in VS 2008 if that matters. Thanks, Drew ... 15 Feb 2010 14:21
CFileDialog
Windows 7 has changed the rules for the member lpstrInitialDir of CFileDialog to: 1. If lpstrInitialDir has the same value as was passed the first time the application used an Open or Save As dialog box, the path most recently selected by the user is used as the initial directory. I want to be able to set t... 8 Feb 2010 12:16
Making userdefined messages like WM_PAINT or WM_QUIT
Raymond Chen's blog says, messages like WM_PAINT, WM_QUIT messages are treated in special way. http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/11/04/489028.aspx ie, even if more than one message is posted, system combines the messages only once the windowprocedure is called. I need this behaviour for a WM_APP or ... 8 Feb 2010 13:24
PolyLine and autoscrolling canvas (0/1)
Hello Joe, How do you mean "not rescaled"? How do you know that? Perhaps because the lines don't appear? If so, that is not surprising, since I don't see any place at which the bitmap in the memDC is transferred to the dc. Also, I don't see where you are actually setting the scale, since the points you ar... 7 Feb 2010 19:50
COleFont wrapper not generated when adding FlexGrid activeX control
Hello. Using Visual C++6, when we add the Microsoft FlexGrid activeX control to our project, we have the 4 wrapper classes : - CMSFlexGrid - CRowCursor - COleFont - CPicture but using Visual Studio 2005, there is only the wrapper for the IMSFlexGrid interface. How to automatically generate the missing cl... 23 Feb 2010 10:11
What forms the basis of Skinning ?
Hi, I have this question in my mind from a long time and not being able to find the answer... How is actually skining done? .. Is it about taking the device context of any control and then writing your own drawing code or there is other API or way meant for skining itself? I know about various compone... 6 Feb 2010 10:47
WaitForSingleObject and Thread
Hi Gurus: in main thread , i have void MainProc() { DWORD dwThreadID; HANDLE hThread = CreateThread(NULL, 0, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)ReadThread, this, 0, &dwThreadID); WaitForSingleObject( hThread , INFINITE ); } DWORD ReadThread(void *pVoid) { Do somthing... } I suppose the thread will begin rig... 8 Feb 2010 14:33