First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
Syntax question: using worksheet functions on a subset of a 3-D ar
I have a 3D array that is (1 to 2, 1 to 24, 1 to 12) first parameter is raw number vs. % second parameter is hour of the day third parameter is 5-min increment (within each hour) I'm taking LAN reports and scraping them to do some bandwidth analysis (I don't have control over the source data). I've got the d... 6 Jan 2010 09:49
Repost of previous question
I have code that sets a border around the print area which works fine if it is only a single page, but if it is multiple pages, the bottom border is only printed on the last page. What I need is to be able to set the border on each printed page. Is there a way to do this? Your help is greatly appreciated. ... 6 Jan 2010 09:49
searching for a type of string
Hi Roger This should do what you wish, provided there is one character at the end of your string as text as you had in your example. If there are more you may need something else. =IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE((MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-1)))),1,0) Take care Marcus ... 6 Jan 2010 09:49
looping excel macros
I have Excel 2002 and routinely use the macro recorder. I can read the macros and make simple edits, but never learned to program in VB and my fortran programming experience is from 30 years ago. After recording a macro, I want it to loop 15 times before exiting. What lines to I need to add to the code to st... 6 Jan 2010 09:49
summing cells in different sheets
TIA I've got a workbook with 25 sheets. I need a cell in the 25th sheet to sum the same cell in each of the other 24. I can't figure out a quick way to write a formula for that. Does anyone know? I tried to Insert Name and Define and the reference, but I couldn't make it work. My guess was I was doing it ... 6 Jan 2010 09:49
Borders Disappear When Hiding Columns
I have a worksheet on which I have hidden most of the rows (1-2000 still show) and most of the columns (A-H still show). When I format the borders of the "showing" cells, the borders in column H do not appear - the cells remain all white with no borders showing. If I unhide the hidden columns to the right of ... 6 Jan 2010 09:49
Workbooks.OpenText Method / FieldInfo
Hi, after reading some posts about the OpenText method and the FieldInfo parameter I want to ask a question. Is it still not possible to open a csv file ( with .csv ending ) with all columns declared as text? Renaming the file to .txt is not an option. Regards Volker Jordan ... 21 Jan 2010 21:28
ADO syntax problem
Hi! I am using the following code to query access table. the code works fine. My problem is how to name the field name ([Cell]) as a string, in order to use this query as a dynamic query. I tried many things but nothing succeeded. Thanks for your help! Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection Dim rst As New ADODB.... 6 Jan 2010 09:49
using find in excel from C# code
Hi, I am working to make an aplication that open an existing excel file, search for some text and notifies the result. Now, when I run it, before the excel file's opens get this error: COMException Types mismatch (Exception HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)) My code is: object oMissing = Sys... 4 Jan 2010 08:09
Retrieving current worksheet backgroud picture
It is possible to set it using the Worksheet.SetBackgroundPicture method, but is it possible to find out what the current backgroud picture of a worksheet is? ... 4 Jan 2010 08:09