First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
How to update data in a query
One part of my database is used to keep track of contacts within clients. I created a query using a table and a crosstab query and exported it to excel. I had staff in my office update the contact information. Now I want to update the query with the new information from the excel spreadsheet. The spreadshee... 5 Apr 2010 22:50
formatting a phone number in a string
Hi Folks! I'm trying to put together a string with two fields - [address] and [landline], both text fields, the "landline" is an unformatted phone number. Using =([address] & ", " & [landline]) gives me: 123 Main Street, 5855551234 I'd like to format the phone number with the mask !(999) 000-0000;;_ so... 4 Apr 2010 14:51
updatable query
I just ran a query and MS Access shows it is un updatable query. I just wonder are there any query is updatable? If yes, are there any rules that for updatable query? Your information is great appreciated, ... 5 Apr 2010 16:08
SQL BETWEEN If end date is less than start date all recordsbetween are still displayed.
Oh and only in Access SQL. In other versions of SQL you may very well find that the smallest value MUST be first. If not, no records will be returned. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Marshall Barton wrote: Avid Fan wrote: ... 3 Apr 2010 14:51
SQL BETWEEN If end date is less than start date all records between are still displayed.
Avid Fan wrote: I noticed that this query shows records the records between even if the second date is larger than the first. No big deal really I just was not expecting it. I suppose you have to code around it in case somebody makes a mistake. Between doesn't care which one is earlier. If it ma... 3 Apr 2010 10:25
SQL BETWEEN If end date is less than start date all records betweenare still displayed.
I noticed that this query shows records the records between even if the second date is larger than the first. No big deal really I just was not expecting it. I suppose you have to code around it in case somebody makes a mistake. ... 3 Apr 2010 08:14
joining two iif statements
I would like to combine two iif together. I am able to get the results from a single iif statement but not successful in combining the two. iif([cert master]!Verbiage Like "*Best Buy Gift Card*",0.008,[discount]/3*7) iif ([cert master]!Verbiage Like "*Bath & Body Works*",0.005, [discount]/3*7) I thought a c... 2 Apr 2010 23:41
Recalculate a field when another field's value changes - JCW
I have the following fields I'm working with; they are all on the same Form which comes from a query. MultiClassDisc TotalTuitions TotalTuitions is calculated by the sum of (4) other Tuition fields. I have a check box to trigger the calculation of the MultiClassDisc field which works off of the following... 3 Apr 2010 17:03
Convert Currency to String but keep commas
Hello, I need to take a currency field and store it as text but keep the commas. Anyone know the syntax for this. Sample text would be 3,54,998.98 Thanks ... 2 Apr 2010 18:12
Append Record with Next Consecutive Number (not Autonumber)
Hi, I have a table with two columns: ID, Version. I would like to make a query that will append a record with the same ID, but the next consecutive version number. Example: ID-Version 1-1 2-1 2-2 If I want to create a new version for ID 1, then the query will create a new record: 1-2 If I want to cre... 2 Apr 2010 14:51