First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 13 May 2010 09:23
Disable drag n' drop
On VPC 7 I installed the 'enhanced screen features' so the mouse would work more seamlessly between host & VPC. Is there a way to disable just the drag n' drop file transfer between the two machines (and maybe the clipboard interaction)? ... 30 Apr 2010 09:29
Guest OS Showing 4 MHz processor
I am running VPC 2007 on a Win 7 box. I installed Vista SP2 as a guest and it is reporting my 3.0 GHz CPU as 4MHz. This is preventing me from installing any software that verifies the current processor speed before install. Does anyone know how to get VPC 2007 or Vista SP2 to present the correct processor ... 29 Apr 2010 12:25
XP Mode: Phantom windows left behind by Google Chrome
I'm attempting to run Google Chrome in XP Mode under W7 x64. Everything works fairly well, except that after closing tabs in Chrome, I end up with large blue squares on my desktop approximately the size of the Chrome window when I closed the tab. When I attempt to close the entire VM (shutting the system down, o... 6 May 2010 19:52
Resize ( down) VM
Hello, I have copied 4 GB file into my VM and host Windows started complaining about disk low space, so I deleted that file in VM. However that did not satisfied my host, and VM reboot and finally VM shutdown did not help. How can I restore my VM to the previous size? Thanks, Claire ... 27 Apr 2010 14:30
Virtual machine network services driver won't install
Hoping you can help me solve a problem I've been beating on for a while. I have a Toshiba Satellite A205 running Vista Ultimate SP2. I installed VPC 2007 on this machine some time ago and have been using it without difficulties. Recently, I ran into some issues with Eset Smart Security on this machine, which l... 13 May 2010 14:56
License Issues and Proper Configuration
Hello, I am new to Virtual PC. I am trying to create two VPCs on my Small Business Server network. My planned configuration is to buy a souped up XP box with two XP Virtual PCs running on it. That said, I will need three XP and three SBS client licenses to have two virtual PCs and what is essentially a dumb ... 23 Apr 2010 09:43
Accessing CD drive from 98
I run Windows 98 in VPC 2004 because, although I have a fully legal Windows 98, drivers for 98 are no longer available. I have no trouble with A-drive. Is there a KB article telling how to read from the CD drive? Thank you. ... 21 Apr 2010 20:53
Shared Host Drives of Integration Features
Hi, Shared host drives are listed as "system folder" under the "Computer" folder. They are not mapped drives. Thus older applications that open files listing "drive" and "directory" cannot access to such shared host drives. Windows XP Mode is developed to run older applications. Why does Microsoft switch to s... 23 Apr 2010 18:12
Shortcuts Don't work After Restart
Shortcuts that are set to programs on the host drives will not work after a restart of the virtual machine. Is there a solution for this? I do find that shortcuts to program on the virtual C drive will work. Thanks, Vic ... 19 Apr 2010 13:39