First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Full screen mode problems
Lately, in one of my VPCs, I have started getting the dreaded "" message when I try to <alt>-enter into full screen mode. This is weird because full screen mode has worked as expected for a long time, and I am not aware of any specific changes that would have made it stop working. However, I do have Window Update ena... 15 Apr 2010 11:24
Win 98 installation in Virtual PC
I'm trying to set up a Windows 98 Virtual PC on Vista 64. I'm setting it up on drive F and got to the point in the installation of Win98 when it said it was formating drive C and I stopped it. At least it said it was formatting drive C. It didn't. Am I right in assuming that it was formating Drive F rather than dri... 15 Apr 2010 18:07
XP Mode problem
Hi, I have set up a Windows 7 machine in our network and installed the XP Mode software on it to run some legacy software and have run into some problems. Our set up is a Windows 7 pc logging on to our Windows 2008/2003 domain for general netowrk and file access, I set up the XP Mode software as a standalon... 14 Apr 2010 05:31
Using SoftIce in VM
Hello, I have installed SoftIce 4.05 in VM (WinXP) but as soon as I display the code window (CTR+D) the whole window freezes and I need to restart VM using CTR+ALT+Del When installing SoftIce I have selected Standard VGA with Universal Video Driver box checked Any pointers appreciated. Claire ... 13 Apr 2010 22:57
forcing a dynamically expanding VHD to expand ?
I know its an old post but I find having a 2nd virtual drive does the trick (and should be a better way of managing server builds anyway) all the OS stuff is kept on the 16Gb drive and the 2nd drive is where I keep data, just means I can restore the main 'C' drive without having to recreate/backup the websites ... 12 Apr 2010 18:09
Cannot get video past 16 bit in XP
Running Virtual PC under Windows 7 64-bit. In the XP Professional virtual machine, I can only have the 1441x918 pixels 16 bit display (there are no other options under Settings). I was able to get other options when running XP in Virtual PC 2007 under Vista. I am also able to get other options in Vista and Linux... 10 Apr 2010 12:25
Reinstalling VM Additions for Linux after kernel update
I'm running CentOS 5.3 on Virtual PC 2007 and am using the VM Additions for Linux. Every time I update CentOS (using Yum) and the update includes a kernel update, it blows away the VM Additions for Linux. This makes sense since some (all?) of the VM Additions are kernel modules. Question: is there an easy way ... 9 Apr 2010 03:27
Starting with USB devices attached automatically.
Hi, I'm using Virtual PC for a fairly mundane reason: my old webcam doesn't work under Win7, so instead I'm using a VPC session with Logitech Vid for some long-distance video conferencing. I can start Virtual PC manually (if you will) and attach the camera through the USB tab, but ideally and for simplicity... 9 Apr 2010 00:11
Guest OS directX acceleration
HI, wouldn't it be great if DirectX function call inside an XP virtual machine could be forwarded to the Windows 7 host OS? I think, this should be feasible if the guest OSs graphics driver could directly feed into the host OS DirectX interface... What do you think? Regards, Frank ... 9 Apr 2010 02:22
Getting VPC to boot from an image
Hi, I would like to run a cloned HDD with all installed apps from an old XP system in a VPC environment under Vista. I backed up the entire HDD of the old PC using EASEUS Todo BAckup, and restored the disk using a bootable CD under VPC. I can't get the system to boot under VPC however. The FAQ of the backup ... 12 Apr 2010 20:23