First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Climate
I am a student in China. Thanks. Yifa wrote: Cannot install Visual Studio 2005 on VPC 2004 03-Feb-07 The installation stops when it is trying to copy a file \vs\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\GuiDebug\shortcutCLRDbg32.txt. Error says cannot open the file. I tried to open it manually, t... 10 Feb 2010 10:01
Hardware-assisted Virtualization "not available"
I have seen this happen as well with Windows 7 Ultimate. Windows XP mode is only available on Win7 Ultimate or Enterprise in either the 32 bit or 64 bit edition. If you have hardware Virtualization turned on the in BIOS this should fix the problem but sometimes it does not. VMware requires hardware assisted VT t... 7 Feb 2010 03:14
Virtual PC Installing Windows 2003 R2
Hi I'm having a problem with installing WIndows 2003 R2(32bits) on Virtual PC. My hosts OS is Windows XP 32bits. I received an error "File \i386\halaacpi.dll count not be loaded. The error code is 4. Setup cannot continue.Press any key to exit " I googled and only found the same error but with error code ... 6 Feb 2010 08:35
Extensions for non-XP VMs in Win7
So I moved to Win7 x64, and put the new "Windows Virtual PC" XP Mode thing on. (What's the easiest way to identify that, as opposed to VPC2007, here?) Brought along VMs from the past, including 2000 and 95, built with either VPC2004 or 2007. Doesn't seem I can share the clipboard anymore, and trying to upd... 12 Feb 2010 21:22
VPC in restricted users
Hi, I have restricted users and they cannot run the VPC unless I run it with admin acount details. Is there any solution for that? thanks. ... 4 Feb 2010 15:44
Don't Have Permission to Open File
Have been backing up my old laptop with the initial system backup and regular ones afterwards. Didn't realize that a .VHD file would be created in doing so. Have since reinstalled laptop using 64bit technology and using VP2007 decided to open up the old file in a virutal environment. Receive the following mess... 4 Feb 2010 14:37
Virtual PC Windows 7 Guest Flickers
Hi, I just installed Windows 7 as a guest in VPC (Hosted by Windows 7 x64). Now the Display of the VPC flickers quite a lot. My guess was Hardware Acceleration found in display Settings (as was the usual response I found in the web). But I can't access these Settings because Display Settings including the Adv... 4 Feb 2010 10:01
Movie Maker Doesn't Work
In a Windows 7 XP VPC, I tried to start Movie Maker and got a message saying MM won't work in a Remote Desktop session. Since that's what VPC always is, it looks like we'll have to say goodbye to MM ( and I ain't goin' to use no Live stuff!). Tom... 4 Feb 2010 05:35
XP Pro guest hangs at startup under VPC 2007 was Re: same problem
Hi, Does it eventually get all the way into Windows, ever? A couple of things I've tried are: - If your system has more than 1 CPU, start Task Manager and right click on "VirtualPC.exe" in processes, and select "Affinity", and check only one CPU. - Try to shutdown the guest, and then re-create the guest... 5 Feb 2010 05:03
same problem
I have a XP Pro session that started the same thing this weekend. It won't let me change to the Last Known Good Configuration as I am VNCed into the Host computer. The host is XP Pro as well. Not sure what the issue is or why it just started. ohaya wrote: On 1/27/2010 8:16 PM, ohaya wrote:Hi,Now, it seems... 2 Feb 2010 17:36