First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Drive letters in XP mode
I have just installed Windows XP mode onto Windows 7. When I looked at the file structure in XP mode in order to create a new folder I noticed that there are 6 drive letters present, Drive C to Drive H all of which have access denied. Is that normal ? These drives do not appear in the windows 7 structure. Can... 20 May 2010 06:14
is XPMode safe for testing applications?
I have installed the xp mode and work great. But i have some question about xpmode. My usage of xp mode is testing some trial version applications, some of them maybe possible malicious software. Would apps installed at xp mode has ability leave any footprint to window 7(host OS) ? Include registry,system fil... 20 May 2010 19:26
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 24 May 2010 20:11
Cannot run XP Mode after installation
I upgraded my Windows 7 Home premium to Professional on my new Dell machine in order to take advantage of XP mode. I went through the 3 stage process of downloading the relevant virtual pc and xp mode files from the Microsoft site and I can see that XP mode now appears under programs in the start menu. The prob... 19 May 2010 19:24
Problem copying some files from virtual PC
I am running MS Virtual PC v5.3.582.27 on a Windows XP Pro SP3 system. On the virtual PC, I am running a second instance of Windows XP Pro SP3. I use this to test new software installations, because if something goes wrong the consequences are minimal. I use file sharing between these two systems, and frequent... 20 May 2010 07:18
VPC shortcuts doesn't work
Hi group, I use Virt PC 7. I try to use Windows XP as a virtual machine on Win 7. (not XP mode) Then, If I press the Windows key, is is not activated on XP, but it activates on Windows 7. It is similar for all shortcuts, they never open inside XP, but yes on Win 7. thanks very much in advance, Carlos ... 14 May 2010 13:56
Virtual machine
[[Forwarded to microsoft.public.virtualpc newsgroup via crosspost]] Ceder wrote: "philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in message news:yZOdnaiy2pH-O3vWnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d(a)ntd.net... On 05/09/2010 06:28 AM, Ceder wrote: How to set Virtual PC for Windows XP? I need test programs in virtual environment, fo... 27 May 2010 12:38
Is this possible?
I'm using Win 2000 and IE 6 but I need to be able to do some testing using IE 7 & 8 but obviously as MS prevents you having more than one IE version on a single installation I'm a bit stuffed! So, could I install Window Virtual PC 2004/2007 (which version?) and then get from somewhere an XP or Win 7 virtual di... 14 May 2010 18:20
USB support
I have Virtual PC installed on Windows 7, but I have no need of XP mode. Instead, I installed Windows 98 SE because I have a Win 98 app that controls my speakers, and it was never upgraded to run on NT- based systems. I installed Virtual PC because on the "Features" page of the MS's Virtual PC Web site, it promin... 8 May 2010 16:44
DOS Virtual PC on a Terminal Server
I have a DOS 6.22 VM. I want more than one user at a time on the Terminal Server to runn a copy of this VM. Can multiple users fire up VPC 2007 on a terminal server at one time. The VM is only a 20 meg HD with 16 MB RAM. I would like to run 4 at the most at any given time. ... 16 May 2010 11:21