First  |  Prev |
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Symantec Tamper protection Alert
I am running SAV 10 with tamper protection turned on. When I start VPC, SAV gives a tamper protection alert indicating that the Virtual PC.exe process is attempting to open ccSetMgr.exe. Does anyone know what might cause this alert? Is there a way to avoid the alert without turning off tamper protection in SA... 3 May 2006 11:05
Acronis VhD Files
Is it possable to create VHD files from acronis backup images? TIA Josh ... 1 May 2006 02:57
hal.dll error
I'm running VPC 7 and after no problems or new installs yesterday, but today I get this message when I start it up: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\hal.dll Please re-install a copy of the above file. I can't seem to get it to boot from cd or in s... 28 Feb 2006 15:02
Direct Convert .GHO to .VHD
Is there a way or a plan to be able to directly convert a .GHO (Ghost) File into a .VHD (VPC HD)? We have multiple images that are mid, or pre sysprep that we store on .gho files. I would like to be able to directly create a VPC off these images whenever they are updated but right now I have to image them up, ... 13 Feb 2006 13:52
Convert VHD to ISO?
I am really interested in converting, or burning, my vhd file to a DVD and use GHOST or something else to write back to another PC. In Virtual PC, i can set all options I want and test everything. Now I am done and want to use the "hard drive" on a real computer. How to accomplish this task? ... 17 Jan 2006 14:16
DragonDropProcessFolder Instead of Copied Files
I am running VPC 2004, SP1 on a Win XP Pro SP2 host. Win 95 is the guest. Ever since I upgraded to VPC SP1, I have been getting strange results when I try to drag and drop files from the Guest to the Host, a DragonDropProcessFolder is created, along with a dialog box with an error that says "Virtual PC has enc... 15 Nov 2005 23:37
Installing Windows 98 from ISO image
Hello, I recently installed Virtual PC 2004 SP1, and would like to install Windows 98 on it. I don't actually have a hard copy of Windows 98, but my MSDN Universal Subscription gives me the ability to download it, so I downloaded the ISO file. I created a new virtual machine and started it. First I captur... 19 Jun 2005 20:40
Windows NT (all flavors) does not install on VPC2004
I got this error when I try to install Windows NT Workstation on VPC2004: STOP 0x0000003e (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000) p5-0000 irql:1e SYSVER 0xf0000565 Hardware: Pentium4 HT 3.2Ghz. I know it is related to multiprocessing. I have disabled HT in BIOS. Same error. If you could shed some light... T... 15 Jun 2005 14:26
DOS 6.22
In support of DOS clients, we're trying to install DOS 6.22 to Virtual PC. The DOS 6.22 disks created from the MSDN download appear to be for upgrade only, and virtual PC refuses to install. Is there another download, or may these disks be changed? -- Programmer(Hacker) ... 10 Apr 2005 09:37
NT 4 setup
Virtual PC 2004, trying to setup an NT Server. Using either a known good CD, and its ISO image, from a CD and copied to hard disk, setup starts, then after a few seconds into the setup process, "An unrecoverable processor error has been encountered. ... 14 Mar 2005 13:08