First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Dimension 4400 sporatically shutting off
A client called me earlier today regarding their office computer sporatically shutting itself down. The lady at the office said the screen would go blank, all the fans and everything would stop functioning inside the tower. She could *not* power the system back on unless she unplugged the powercable from the ... 10 Feb 2006 16:49
Power light blinking (amber color)
I shut down my Dell Dimension 8300 on Friday when I went away for the weekend and tried to turn it back on last night only to find out that the power light blinks. Nothing turns on, no fan, no hard drive, just complete silence. When I unplug the tower, there's a single click. I get the same click when I plug it ... 11 Feb 2006 01:35
Base System Device Which Driver?
I just bought a used Dell Latitude D800 and have installed Windows XP Pro and Service Pack 2. I have downloaded the appropriate drivers from Dell's support site and installed them. However, Device Manager still shows one big yellow question mark item under Other devices which is labeled Base System Device. What pie... 17 Jan 2006 00:07
Replace GX280 CPU Fan?
Does anyone know if/how you can replace the CPU fan on the GX280? I'd like to buy a quieter fan, but noticed that the Dell fan comes with a 5 pin connection instead of the standard 2(?) pin CPU fan connection (i.e. Zalman). Thanks! ... 13 Jan 2006 14:02
f_usb header standard on dimension 5150?
I want to add an internal memory card reader to my dimension 5150 - can anyone confirm whether the 10 pin f_usb header is a standard pin out, and should work with 3rd party card readers? ... 19 Dec 2005 12:06
Battery gauge recalibration
I have a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 1000. When I start it up, it tells me that the battery gauge needs to be recalibrated. I have gone through the whole discharge/recharge process twice following the instructions carefully, but without any effect. Is there a way to get rid of this battery gauge recalibration warning?... 26 Nov 2005 05:57
Dimension 5000 wont boot
Having problems booting my dimension 5000. Problem started after trying to install second SATA drive. (Still not managed to do this) One of several things can happen when system is switched on. 1.System hangs at Dell splash screen with about 95% completed on indicator bar Tried pressing F2 to get in to BIOS, but n... 19 Nov 2005 08:20
BSOD error enclosed-- Dimension 2350
Could someone please guide me towards a fix perhaps? Error Message and Specs below..... Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error 0X00000078 (0xc03dd2cc, 0xC0000000E, 0xF74B3384, 0x17D72860) atapi.sys. F74B3384 base at F74A600 Dell Dimension 2350 Windows XP Pro P4, 2.0CPU 60GB HD 768 Ram <new computer is in the car... 5 Nov 2005 09:25
Latitude CPx J650GT keyboard issue
Greetings alt.sys.pc-clone.dell Newsgroup, About a year ago I was given a used Dell Latitude CPx J650GT laptop. It was formerly a W2K machine (PIII 650MHz, 256MB RAM and a 20GB HDD), but I wiped the OS and installed XP Pro SP2. This trusty Dell has given me about a year of great service, but has recently start... 26 Oct 2005 17:01
Want Dell Latitude Password/Service-Tag Generator Program
Have purchased a Dell Latitude C600/C500 model PP01L at the Salvation Army's outlet store. I can not access any drives (CD, Hard-drive, floppy-drive) nor can I access CMOS-Setup. I simply receive a Message: "" This computer system, # 52WJP01-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access... 5 Sep 2005 21:39