First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
warranty issue
anyone else here purchased a Dell refurb which was advertised with 3 years on-site warranty but when checked out via TAG on Dell site is just 2 years. ... 16 Oct 2009 11:51
SATA II cable question
What length cable do I need for a second hard drive in an Optiplex 755? It looks like the one in there is about 25 inches with a right angle connector but I'm not sure because I didn't remove the cable to measure it. It's in an area that's hard to get my fingers into. The only lengths I have seen at most sites ha... 13 Oct 2009 22:18
Windows won't boot. Need help.
i would not buy a seagate right now. wd black is the way to go. if newegg doesnt carry it, buy.com is also fine. also zipzoomfly is good. since you are able to get into safe mode, why not try a system restore? i never do restores like that myself, like to get to the root of the problem. sounds like you got ... 19 Oct 2009 00:56
reset toFactory Settings Inspiron 1720
Hi All I am trying to revert my 1720 back to the factory settings. I am using Windows Vista home premium I have followed the instructions from the manual ie: From f8 at start 3 Press <Down Arrow> to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>. 4 Specify the language s... 7 Oct 2009 17:30
Purchasing my new Dell PC.
Hi everyone. Ace Forum btw, so helpfull, I am learning alot. Ok, so once Windows 7 comes out (October 22nd) I will be finally getting a new PC. After five years my current Dell Dimensions 2400 is running out of puff, running out of hard drive space, and I am running low on patience with it. For my new Dell PC I ... 23 Sep 2009 11:00
Multi-Word DMA Mode 2 and One hard drive error
A friend recently asked me to look at his Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop because he was having printing issues (which I won't go into presently -- I haven't gotten that far yet). He also stated that he has noticed some sluggish behavior, including the desktop taking a while to refresh. That is what I wanted to address f... 22 Sep 2009 11:46
Dell's Inspiron Z Has An Interesting Feature
As per The Register, Dell's Inspiron Z laptop apparently proves that beauty and "Braun" go together: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/09/11/dell_braun_laptop/ Still there as of approximately 10:32 AM CDT: http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/press-releases/DELLS-NEW-INSPIRON-Z-LAPTOPS.aspx Evidently Dell ... 11 Sep 2009 21:49
CPU upgrade for E520
Apparently Dell's tech specs are wrong. I put a Q6700 and 8 GB of memory in my Dimension E520 and it runs great. It seems that if Dell never sold a computer with a certain configuration they will tell you that you can't do it. But it doesn't mean that you can't. On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:47:09 -0700 (PDT),... 8 Sep 2009 23:44
Best Dell Laptop for 17 year old daughter
She has a birthday on the 18th. It will be used for using Word for reports, email and internet. Thanks ... 8 Sep 2009 13:39
The Advantage (?) of RAID 1
I understand the value of mirroring in RAID 1 (and RAID 5.) What I don't understand is how a home user benefits from storing a mirrored copy of their data right next to the original drive in a computer or NAS. Your mirrored copy is not going to help you if your computer or NAS suffers hardware failure or gets ... 3 Sep 2009 20:40