First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Inspiron 6000
Had a customer bring in a Insp6000 for a broken screen replaced the screen and although it displays it is not at full brightness, however disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and then reconnect voila up it comes at full brightness. Reboot the Pc and again it displays alot dimmer and disconnect the flex cab... 26 Jan 2010 09:48
BlueTooth and My XPS 420
Is my 420 BlueTooth enabled? I was trying to pair/sync it with my BT evN Touch phone and it couldn't fine the computer. I did a system search for BlueTooth but only found mention of support for my keyboard. If it's not, can I buy a device to make it BT enabled? Thanks, Monica ... 23 Jan 2010 18:48
Win 7 drivers for the Precision 670
Some buds have talked me into Win 7 Pro Edition for the 670 Workstation but realize there may not be drivers available for the integrated SATA controller. Tried a Dell chat session but the rep quickly pasted a pre- sales URL, and then I told her it was already sitting here on the desk. No reply after that. END Ma... 22 Jan 2010 16:18
XPS M1330 Parts
Ok I'm tota;lly confused and if anyone has access to dell part numbers i'd appreciate some help please. Just recieved an XPS m 1330 thats in a pretty bad way and needs some plastics replacing. I ordered a OK075 top lid which turned out to be the wrong part as my lcd panel is a traditional CCFL type and tha... 23 Jan 2010 13:10
'Build Quality' - What Does It Mean Exactly?
Every now and then there is a discussion here about the 'build quality' of different Dell model lines. For example, I've read people saying that Vostro has inferior build quality while Studio has superior build quality. What exactly is meant by the term 'build quality' as it applies to desktop computers? Does ... 24 Jan 2010 05:41
Is This Mixing RAM?
I want to add some memory to the i6000 laptop that I just got fixed. It has 512 MB RAM, and the original invoice shows: Dual In-line Memory Module 256, 400, 32X64, 8K, 200, 512 I note that it does not state DDR2. Here's what I've found at Crucial.com: http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?mfr=Dell... 21 Jan 2010 15:43
Dell's new attitude is going to put them where Circuit City ended up.
This post is merely a vent and a hope that someone from Dell reads this. I just received my 4th Dell computer and including my place of employment and friends and family have been involved in the purchase of 10 other Dell computers, a couple of TVs and a few monitors. Easily over $15,000 of products over t... 21 Jan 2010 12:17
Re-soldering Power Receptacle Cost?
Yesterday I resurected an old i6000 that had been used as a student's laptop for 5 years. I bought a Dell Original 9-cell battery from Pacific Battery and paid a local pc shop $140 to fix the intermittantly working motherboard power receptacle. It was lose. I'm just curious. For those that have paid to have... 7 Feb 2010 09:45
USB 2 Ports Slow
The two USB ports have slowed down on my Dimension 3000. When I plug my SD card adaptor in it says that it could perform faster. I have tried uninstalling all the USB drivers in the device manager, and they reinstalled successfully again on a reboot, but with the same problem. What may be causing this? ... 26 Jan 2010 08:42
SSD with eSata enclosure
My friend own a Dell Studio 17 laptop and he want to backup some data. But, USB 2.0 is slow for a back up drive and moving data. His laptop has a dedicated eSata port which moves data at 3.0GB/sec. So, he is looking for a good SSD drive with an eSata enclosure. Any recommendation.. ... 20 Jan 2010 12:52