First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Firewire External HD connection
Hi All, I am not real familar with firewire, so here goes. I have 2 Western Digital external hard drives. One is attached to my XPS 410 via one of the firewire ports on the back of the computer. When I attach the other drive via firewire cable to the empty port, it is not recognized, so it is attached via USB. ... 20 Mar 2010 15:27
WTB: Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package
WTB: Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I can use hundreds or thousands of these. I am also looking to buy the below sof... 18 Mar 2010 07:02
WTB: DELL OFFICE SOFTWARE - square cardboard packs with CD
WTB: DELL OFFICE SOFTWARE - square cardboard packs with CD I am looking to buy quantities of Dell Office software packs These ae the square cardboard packs with CD. I buy most all versions - XP, SBE, Standard, Pro, 2003, 2007 I also buy lots of other software as well... ... 18 Mar 2010 07:02
WTB: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO RESTORE DVD's
WTB: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO RESTORE DVD's I am looking to buy large quantities of DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO RESTORE DVD's I will buy these in quantities of 100 or more up in the 1,000's. I am also buying the below. I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs... 18 Mar 2010 07:02
CD and DVD Problems
Hi, I've got a Presicion 390 that I got used. I installed a new hard drive and a new install of XPSP3. The 390 came with a Sony CD-RW CRX217E and a Philips DVD+-DVD8801. Both show working properly in Device Manager. Also, If I enable CD recording in one of these drives, CD recording is disabled in the ot... 17 Mar 2010 12:27
8400 Connection Problem
On 3/16/2010 8:26 PM, WaIIy wrote: Hi, Dell 8400 - DSL - Linksys hardwired router Router in the loop, not in the loop, doesn't matter. My 8400 will work with the newsgroups just fine. I can only check one (of 5) e-mail accounts at a time unless I reboot the connection. I can only get... 22 Mar 2010 20:37
How do you make a data-free image of C (system partition) ?
Using Acronis True Image -or the free editions called Seagate disk wizard or WD disk wizard- I use to keep backup images of my C partition. Since I still use XP + basic home user software, it only takes 3 minutes to make such a backup (less than 2 GB). In any doubtful situation (whatever due to myself or to pos... 24 Mar 2010 16:58
XPS 9000
Could someone explain why the XPS 9000 is so much larger and heavier than, say the 8100? I understand it has more slots, higher end cpu, and larger power supply. But do those factors account for about 20 pounds more weight and several more inches in the main dimensions? Thanks, Ron ... 22 Mar 2010 09:21
Blowing Away the Recovery Partition...Advice?
I recently received a new Studio XPS 8100. I opted to keep the C: drive pretty much as-is, and uninstalled most of the smell-ware that Dell adds. I'd really like to delete the extra two partitions that contain Dell's diagnostics and the factory image. My first inclination was to simply use the Diskpart command... 1 Apr 2010 16:51
The Last Word - From Me - On The Win7 Disc
I think we can agree that I have beaten the life out of this topic, so this is the last you'll hear from me about it. In February, 2010, Dell issued a notice through its technical knowledge base that it will no longer include a Windows 7 disc (or a Drivers and Utilities disc) with its computers. No 'cut-off da... 18 Mar 2010 12:57