First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Extend Desktop on Inspiron 1100
I have an Inspiron 1100 vintage 2003 running XP SP3 on which I would like to use the extended desktop feature with a second monitor. After connecting the second monitor, I can display on either monitor or both by using the Fn - F8 toggle, so I know the second monitor is working OK. But following the instruction... 28 Apr 2010 11:41
Processor
Which would be the best processor to install in a Dimension 8300 motherboard. The pc is NOT used for gaming. It is used for photo processing using Photoshop. I have 2GB of memory installed at present and I am running Win 7 Pro. Bruce. ... 27 Apr 2010 12:08
inspiron 6000 - which hard drive interface?
My wife's 40 GB drive on her Inspiron 6000 is totally full and I want to replace it with a (much) larger one. It's a Toshiba Proteus which looks to have an E-IDE interface. But I'm confused about what type of interface I need since they seem to be categorized on the sites I've looked at as SATA (most) or ATA/IDE ... 27 Apr 2010 14:26
Studio 1535 no boot
Tried to post this last night but it didn't take. My wife's Studio 1535 would not recover from sleep so I held the power button till it shut down. Then it would not boot. The lights above the keyboard scanned through their normal sequence and the HD light blinked on briefly----then nothing further happened. Sw... 27 Apr 2010 23:31
XPS 710 upgraded to Windows 7
I have a Dell XPS 710 tower that I purchased in early 2007. Dell's support web pile informs me that it is not possible to upgrade this monster to Windows 7. Microsoft's "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" tells me that it is possible. Summary: the upgrade is possible. But I had to spend $50 on new hardware to do so. ... 27 Apr 2010 10:59
event log error
OK, I've been wrestling with random freezes on my computer. It is getting worse. I checked the event log and got: The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period So, does this indicate a failing hard drive and/or controller? Mel ... 26 Apr 2010 22:50
more computer questions
OK, I continue to have computer problems where it suddenly, without warning, slows to a crawl. After doing some reading and trying different things, I discovered that my IDE Controller (Primary IDE channel from Device Manager Advanced Settings) was in PIO mode. It should be in DMA mode. Apparently, this occurs ... 28 Apr 2010 11:41
HDD Swap
Mike, You would like to put the 160 GB HD into the 1705 and restore the OS image from the 60 GB HD? Is that correct? I'm not certain but I think your 160 GB HD is an IDE HD and the 1705 takes a SATA HD. If they are both SATA HDs I'd say go ahead. You may need to install new storage controller drive... 26 Apr 2010 09:07
Win7/XP network printer problem
Hi All, I just received my wife's new Inspirion 17 laptop and have it installed using my wireless network. I can get my central desktop a Dell XPS 410, running XP service pack 3 to recognize her laptop, and can get the laptop to identify the HP 3380 printer attached to the desktop. However, when I try and conne... 28 Apr 2010 00:37
Changing from XP to Windows 7 need suggestion of a good emailclient
MJMIII wrote: "G.Strait" <G.Strait(a)No Spam.com> wrote in message news:4tqdnQ9fJ8nY8EnWnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d(a)mchsi.com... I just purchased and awaiting the arrival of my new Dell desktop, installed with Windows Pro. From my understanding Windows 7 does not support Outlook express. I would appreciate a... 26 Apr 2010 04:45