First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
64-bit question
If I were to purchase a Dell Inspiron 537, preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), is there a compatibility setting that would allow me to install and run software intended for 32-bit systems? ... 20 Jun 2010 02:27
Dead Latitude D505
My latitude D505 has been unused for several months. It is in good shape, but nothing happens now when pressing the start button - Only sign of life is the green light on the Power adapter. No sign of battery charging either after 2 hours. Is the mobo dead? Are there any pre-boot selftest keys? . I remember when a... 16 Jun 2010 22:07
That's Why There's No Disc...
Here is Dell's official line (latest version) on why it no longer provides a Windows disc: "Why Did My Dell System Not Come With Discs?" http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&cs=19&dl=false&l=en&s=dhs&docid=87FC543FED0E9CF0E040AC0A64E94775&doclang=en Excerpts: "Dell... 8 Jun 2010 23:53
Alps Touchpad Replacement on 1545
Has anyone replaced a similar model touchpad (palmrest) on an Inspiron 1545? The manual looks like you have to remove everything but the mobo...almost! It is still (barely) under warranty and I am afraid if I sent it in they will not sent me the same one back. Most I have done on laptops was: keyboards, memory, w... 23 Jun 2010 19:30
Well, I screwed up royally. I think I screwed up the mbr. Although f12 will take me to the boot screen, it's frozen. There's no cursor movement. "Enter" likewise does nothing. The data on the disk is ok. I can reboot using my old drive and mount this one using an external sata->usb converter. Everything seems ... 10 Jun 2010 14:31
Which low use but safe printer for engineering student?
On 6/3/2010 5:08 PM, me(a)privacy.net wrote: I don't need a duplexer nor fax. Ink jets sound like they will clog up if not used daily. Laser toner apparently spews fine particles in the home and is messy. What decent printer can I buy for an engineering student who needs color 8.5 x 11 outpu... 11 Jun 2010 19:14
Choosing Laptop Docking Station.
My brother has purchansed a Dell Laptop Inspiron. It doesn't come with a docking station and he would like one. Dell quoted a Targus docking station that plugs into the USB port. The docking station then supports 4 usb ports (for like the keyboard, mouse, Printer, ect) and also two video ports. One VGA and one DVI.... 4 Jun 2010 12:32
New System Recomendations
Hi, Looking for a new system for a friend, and I have not ordered a new Dell in some time. I am not up to date on all the latest and greatest... He said he wants a good machine, with some gaming capabilities, so far looks like a good system for that is the XPS 8100. Not the fastest, but the cheapest of th... 6 Jun 2010 12:41
Windows Activation Stickers
When I reinstall Windows from the OEM CD that came with my Dell computers, Windows is automaticall activated. So, what is the difference between the Windows Activation key on the sticker on the side/bottom/back/whatever of my PCs and the Windows Activation Keys that is actually on my machines? ~alan ... 31 May 2010 10:49
Overclocking Software?
Is there any CPU overclocking software that actually works on the XPS 9000? There's no way to do it from BIOS since all references to frequencies and voltages are missing. What PLL does it use? Most OC utilities I've tried cant seem to find out and none of the choices listed seem to work. Tom Lake ... 2 Jun 2010 07:37