First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
suggestions for new laptop??
I have an Inspiron 2200. It has worked great but lately it is starting to fail. My desktop and other laptop (an Acer netbook) all have XP-SP3 as does the Inspiron. The Inspiron is starting to fail and at this point I'd rather replace it with an inexpensive but newer laptop. I am hesitant to get a Windows 7... 24 Apr 2010 02:44
Dell Vostro 200 & ATI HD4670
Will ATI HD 4670 card will work on my Dell Vostro 200 PC? ... 29 Apr 2010 10:04
Optiplex 320 RAM Not reconized by Windows
knownchild;1008836 Wrote: well if they don't bring any ram i will order some of the correct ram right from dell, but that is if the new CMOS chip doesn't fix the problem. I recently had this same issue and resolved it by ordering two identical memory modules from Dell. It is a shame to have the memory the P... 23 Apr 2010 17:22
Dell Vostro 200 & ATI HD4670
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:48:41 -0500, Cmplx80 writ: wengmunding wrote: I'm looking for a Multimedia audio controller for the Compaq evo D310 computer. Any audio driver that solves this problem is good If you're a newsgroup newbie, this is called "highjacking a thread" and is considered ex... 23 Apr 2010 17:22
Power LED Out-of-Sync
Until today, the power LED on my XPS 9000 was on steady when using the system but blinked when the system went to sleep. When I got home from work today, the fan was racing and no keys responded. I had to power off and back on. Now the LED blinks when I'm using the computer and is on steady when it's sleeping. ... 25 Apr 2010 21:11
Dimension 8200 Tower case
At present I have a Dim' 8200 which I am considering upgrading so I can run Windows 7 with 4 GB ram. The motherboard has at present a 2 GB processor and 1.5GB Rambus ram fitted. I wish to get away from Rambus and go for DDR memory instead. Would it be possible to fit a better Dell motherboard in this case and ... 23 Apr 2010 17:22
Dimension 8200 Tower case
Appreciate the help but the cost of shipping will rule out from buying across the pond. "timdrouillard" <timdrouillard(a)comcast.net> wrote in message news:UO6dnbxU6piUSlHWnZ2dnUVZ_hidnZ2d(a)giganews.com... FWIW, Sorry, I forgot you did point the fact that you were in the UK in your original post. ... 20 Apr 2010 15:39
I'll have 2 No 17's please....
Me ol pa went to order a new Inspiron 17. His first web order failed due to his Visa card being rejected so he completed another order which was accepted. 15 minutes later he received an email confirmation for 2 x Inspiron 17's. Oh dear he then had to phone India and could not get the chap to understand hi... 23 Apr 2010 20:35
ghosting my original dell drive
I want to ghost my original 160GB hard drive from my Dimension E510 to a new 1 TB drive which came with a "free" SATA->USB external adapter, and to use this as my internal C drive, the old drive becoming a semi- portable one. However, after ghosting the C partition to the new drive, and asking that the MBR also... 23 Apr 2010 20:35
Ventilation Fans That Spin at High Speed
When I start my Studio XPS 8100 (from the Power button), one or both of the ventilation fans spin at high speed until Windows starts. This is usually no bother at all. However, if I boot the computer from a CD or DVD, or if I have entered the BIOS, the fans spin continuously at high speed until I eventually boo... 20 Apr 2010 15:39