First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
computer reliability
Found this recently: ++++++++++ Subject: Tech worker: 'Blue screen of death' on oil rig's computer Gregg Keizer, *Computerworld*, 26 Jul 2010 A computer that monitored drilling operations on the Deepwater Horizon had been freezing with a [BSOD] prior to the explosion that sank the oil rig last April, th... 11 Aug 2010 21:23
Dumbed down consumer electronics: Adding DTV channels
Just curious: Why is it that "modern" TV/VCR/DVD devices only allow auto-scan for DTV channels but no "add some later"? As most of us know DTV is unreliable, meaning sometimes channel 6-1 pixelates out, sometimes 58-2 is gone. So upon setup it will only catch the ones that are currently receivable, which in our cas... 2 Aug 2010 16:58
Air conditioner "kickstart" capacitors?
Gents, I had the HVAC guy out for my annual cleaning and he suggested I get a kickstart for my outside compressor. The AC is working fine but he said it would increase the life of it and draw less electricity. Heres the link. http://www.kickstartoem.com/ Are these just PFC capacitors or is there some... 6 Aug 2010 02:50
Data Extraction Services
Have you ever wonder if you can have full contents from your desired website into a single Excel Document? If so, I have the solution for you at fairly cheaper price. I can extract most of the website data and compile it in a single ms- excel 2003 format within just few days. It can be any website, from a si... 6 Aug 2010 01:45
Robust rotation measurement (rotation transducer)
I'm looking for a way to do moderately robust angular displacement (and angular velocity) measurement. I was trying to use quadrature encoders but it appeared the sensors were occasionally missing some state transitions possibly due to the discs moving too quickly or some occasional optical occlusion. I am therefor... 6 Aug 2010 01:45
Win2Kk insanity - help!
Robert Baer wrote: Boot into Windows 2000 but get error window: No paging file or paging file too small, right click (etc & etc). NOT POSSIBLE as that is the ONLY thing on the screen! How can this be fixed? BTW, do not say to use "safe mode" as that has *never* worked in any of my dozen or s... 31 Jul 2010 16:10
in the 80's
in the 80's.... we had Ronald Reagan, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama, No Hope, and No Cash.. -- MikeK ... 13 Aug 2010 01:42
Archie and Green Xenon - How many usenet misfits have Aspergers?
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/05/lamo/ Ex-Hacker Adrian Lamo Institutionalized for Asperger's By Kevin Poulsen May 20, 2010 5:46 pm Last month Adrian Lamo, a man once hunted by the FBI, did something contrary to his nature. He picked up a payphone outside a Northern California supermarket and called t... 3 Aug 2010 03:49
Fine wire tensile strengths?
I've been asked to 'light-up' aircraft models, such as, http://www.flickr.com/photos/35156618(a)N03/4754110575/ It is suspended from a rope. I need to use very fine 120V wire (like magnetic wire), the model uses 8# test monofilament right now and weighs 1/2 # , but a strong wind requires that 8# test. Is there ... 6 Aug 2010 00:40
Anushka for Shape FX Hot Shot Thigh Gel
Anushka for Shape FX Hot Shot Thigh Gel ************************************** http://sites.google.com/site/anushkaphotosalert ... 30 Jul 2010 21:51