First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
"Normalizing" imported data
Hello all - I have a situation where I'm importing substantial amounts of data (30,000 to 120,000 rows at a pop) from three external sources through a text file or an Excel spreadsheet into three different data tables. I've established lookup tables for those fields that can reasonably be normalized between and a... 15 Dec 2009 08:58
DB guide
First time I have inherited a db with no documentation and which I am having trouble figuring it out. Which or how is the best way to figure someone else's db??? Thank you. ... 23 Dec 2009 01:57
"Hexidecimal" Index
I have used the Access Documenter to list the indexes in my tables. Several of the tables have an Index that looks like it's in Hexidecimal. Ex: C1D060E6-4206-11D7 etc. I never created it and don't know what it's for. When I migrate to SQL Server, there is a warning that it could cause a conflict. Does anyone kn... 13 Dec 2009 22:01
Design Mode Button?
I am trying to secure my application and I just noticed there is a group of icons in lower right side of window which will allow entry into design mode if full menus are allowed. Is there any way to hide/disable then entire group or just design mode button and still allow full menus? Thanks In Advance, Tir... 14 Dec 2009 23:14
'bad filename or number' in access erro when trying to split datab
Morning, I am trying to split my application and as soon as I click split database button, I get a 'bad filename or number' error. Any ideas why? Thanks, Tirelle ... 14 Dec 2009 23:14
Does a free HOA template exist (locations, owners, billing, fines,
variable interst rates, etc.) exist? I have looked and looked and none of the existing templates in Office are really perfect for managers of (non-profit) homeowners associations. In Excel the different categories of info (tax map, participants of real estate trust w/contact info, special billing for certain se... 14 Dec 2009 03:23
finding my product key number to install it on another computer
i want to install microsoft office and home on another computer but i have lost my product key number how do i retrieve it ... 14 Dec 2009 23:14
"recover access database"
When i use the Microsoft Office Access 2003 to open my access database file then get the error message: Record(s) can't be read; no read permission on '<table>'. Thanks for help! ... 11 Dec 2009 12:30
Unable to have multiple useres share database concurrently
The database is locking out other users. Once the database is closed then another user can access it. This was created in Access 2007 as a 2003 format and is operating on an Access 2003 system. It is on a shared drive on a server and is the only file on this drive and all users have access. Some of the se... 10 Dec 2009 21:14
Access Note table in date order, when go to note form, dates are n
Help, I have checked everything and can't find the solution. I have a database that has date visited on the form. I want the last date visited displayed at bottom of form, and prior visits in order above. Anyhow, when I run the note table everything is in proper date order, however, when I put the notes in t... 10 Dec 2009 14:33