First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Many to Many Data Integrity (Alway confuse myself)
OK, thanks in advance. I always screw this up so here it goes: Three tables: Line, Part, LinetoPart I could set these tables up differently, but Part A can be ran on Line1, 2, or 3. LinetoParts has autonumber pkLinetoPart, fkLine, and fkPart. So how do I keep the many table from duplicating say an entry statin... 10 Dec 2009 14:33
How do i recover a database lost during compacting?
How do i recover a database lost during compacting? ... 11 Dec 2009 00:30
Temporary Variables
I have a pointer stored in TempVars!MyIndex Within DLookup(.....) or DSum(.....) references to TempVars!MyIndex work fine but IIf(tblField = TempVars!MyIndex,.....) does not work. As a work-around I tried this: Dim NewIndex as Integer NewIndex = TempVars!MyIndex IIf(tblField = NewIndex,.....) ... 10 Dec 2009 04:41
Linking Tables
Doing a query on our accounting database for which am using 4 tables. Client, Product, Detail, Serial number Client is linked to Product by ClientID # Product is linked to Detail by Invoice # (both keyed) I have a date filter and this portion of the query works fine I have tried different ways to link the s... 9 Dec 2009 15:33
APPEND QUERY RUNS ON ITS OWN BUT NOT IN A MACRO
Hi All A database I created for a client some years ago has a macro which contains an append query. This macro repeats itself until a condition is met and has run thousands of times without any problem. The client has asked that I make the database work for multiple factories. Without going into too much detai... 22 Dec 2009 18:11
Look up tables vs. value fields via combo box on form
I have tables such as t_WeatherData in which I have fields such as Temperature, WindSpeed, WindDirection. The WindSpeed and WindDirection fields each have a lookup table with an ID (primary key/autonumber) and a field that holds a category ("N", "NE", "NW", "W", etc., or "< 5 mph", "5-10 mph", etc.). As I hav... 8 Dec 2009 19:47
Look up tables vs. relationships design
In my pond database, I have look up tables which merely contain a field for an ID (primary key, autonumber) and a field for a category (e.g., "0-25%", "26-50%", etc., or "Dry", "Rainy", "Snowy"). These look up tables serve merely to populate selection options for combo boxes in my data entry forms and one look... 8 Dec 2009 17:35
Best Practice
Access 2007. I have built a database to track and report on employee performance. It is 15MB in size. Now, they want to also compare and report on different factories. Should I have this done in the existing database or create a new one and link in the required tables? I am concerned about database size and re... 9 Dec 2009 17:48
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last