First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Alternate server name
IS there a way to establish an anternate server name...my servername is olng and cumbersome to type in.. is there a way to establish like an "alias" and why are so many of the other discussion groups here empty ..I just posted this quetion in the DNS group....and at least for me that group has no post... 26 Jun 2010 00:06
Print Server reporting
hi All, i have two print servers, one is a windows 2000 server and one is windows server 2003. I've been requested to compile a list of printers and associated IP's. Does anyone know a simple way to retrieve this information other than to manually select each printer look at the info and type it into a sprea... 25 Jun 2010 17:36
windows 2008 - secure wireless for pc not in domain
Hi, I'm trying to configure a wireless infrastructure using certificate but can't do it with my pc which is not in the domain. My wireless is configured like this; wpa2 enterprise aes my radius server shared key My nps is configured like this; radius client; my wireless AP vendor name; radius standa... 23 Jun 2010 19:32
The RPC server is unavailable
I wanted to see if the issue below was resolved and how? We are getting the same errors and having a difficult time tracking down the root cause. Guillaume Genest;2344505 Wrote: Hi, i have exactly the same problem on my SQL Server but i don't run any triplite software..... Config is: HP Proliant... 23 Jun 2010 23:54
Windows 2003 Server and ServicePack and ..problems....
Hi, The team I am part of administers the IT of a few customers. Their environment consists of at least 150 Windows 2003 Servers and some 1500 Windows XP workstations. Since last year we developed and tested a "migration" from Windows 2003 Server SP1 to SP2, unattended and with the aid of Windows SMS 2003. ... 23 Jun 2010 17:19
HiperV supported processors ?
I'd love to hear what settings need to be set in a Dell optiplex 755. I have just been setting up a test server on one of these and can not get Hyper V to go. I have a Core2 Quad (9550), 8 GB RAM. I've updated the bios in the last week and have everything turned on in Bios that looks relevant for VMM. Server 08, r... 23 Jun 2010 18:26
schtasks user
Hi, the following command from a remote machine to a win2k3: schtasks /Run /S 192.168.1.6 /U mysrv\myusr /P mypwd /TN mytask If myusr is administrator, it works, if it is simple user, it doesn't. Is there a less-privileged group my user shoud belong to for this command to work? tnx in advance Agostino ... 23 Jun 2010 23:54
migrating localusers/groups from server 2000 to server 2008
Hi, Is there a tool that will migrate the local usersand groups from my old Server 2000 to Server 2008? thanks ... 23 Jun 2010 10:38
Datacenter and virtualization rights
Hi. "Datacenter licenses include unlimited virtualization rights, meaning customers have the use rights to run an unlimited number of virtualized instances of Windows Server." ...but what if we want to use a virtual XP machine or Win7 also. Do we need some extra license? Tomppa ... 23 Jun 2010 12:52
VPN issues
Recently i have installed Windows Server 2008 on my server in my basement and deployed it as a file server and a VPN so ica naccess my Files remtely since im in the military and travel alot. Heres my issue: From home i can do the following: Access all shares through my networking VPN inside the network to the s... 26 Jun 2010 08:40