First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Vist Machine cannot see XP machine on Network
I hope someone can help me with this. I have a Vista machine and a XP machine networked together on a small home network. The XP machine is running XP professional 5.1 with Service pack 3; the Vista machine, Vista Home Premium 6.0 service pack 2; Both are connected using a linksys wireless router. The Vista mac... 18 Jan 2010 23:16
troubleshooting wireless
Hi, I have a 4 year old wireless Laptop that recently had viruses, trojans, etc removed. Ever since the infection 'got removed', my wireless connection keeps on coming and going. The little icon does not show that it has connectivity has gone. It always looks like it is 'on'. But when I click to go to sites, n... 22 Jan 2010 18:37
Where do I enter wireless settings?
Hi! I'm new to wireless and need some help figuring out where to enter the settings so I can use my "new" (hand-me-down) laptop in the neighborhood library. The library web page says: Wi-Fi users must configure their own equipment and connect to the network using these settings: * SSID (Service Set ... 22 Jan 2010 00:46
enable encryption to wireless router
I used DI-514 router for internet connection to two my computers via cable. I never used encryption for wireless part. Now I want to. So I followed all the suggestions of setup wizard and everything was alright till the last pace came. After the wizard's suggestion "Click Restart" that I complied the computer s... 23 Jan 2010 16:35
Turning off the wireless router
My stepson visits for a couple of weeks each year. He installed a wireless router on our desktop so he could use his laptop while he's here. My question: If this router is not used for most of the year, does it have to be turned on 24/7? I'm thinking of an analogy with VCRs. When a VCR is turned off, the CATV ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
previously working wireless connection no longer working
My laptop (Dell Inspiron 700m, WinXP) was previously able to access the internet via my router (D-Link, DIR-615). After my cable internet service was removed and then reestablished, my desktop and my roommate's laptop are still able to access the internet via my router. My laptop can as well, if I hook it up d... 17 Jan 2010 17:19
No connection with WPA PSK - TKIP protection in Vista
Despite all the efforts, I have not been able to connect to a router that has a WPA PSK - TKIP protection. I am using Windows Vista. I have read that this is one of Vista's unresolved issues, and a registry key change is the only way to fix it. Is it true ? Is there a workaround ?? Some help would be appreciated.... 15 Jan 2010 22:45
Wireless
Sorry newbie question, can wireless networks be detected from a regular wired 'grounded' network machine?...or does the machine your using have to be on a wireless network in order to detect other wireless networks? Thanks in advance. ... 25 Jan 2010 09:26
WPA not working on Japanese windows XP SP2
Hi John, I hope you get this more than a year later!! You wrote "I've been using 2200BG since mid 2005 with WPA2 security" - how do you manage that?!?! I can't seem to get WPA2 on my list, only WPA. The driver version and adapter are identical. Is there any way to make this adapter WPA2 compatible? -- NB ... 6 Feb 2010 13:01
Connecting Netgear AP WG602
Does anyone know if I can configure a Netgear WG602 Access Point to a Wireless Network that is provided by a Hotel Network. The Hotel's wireless router is unsecured but it will only allow one computer to log into it per user account. The network access is unsecured but in order to surf the internet I had to c... 10 Jan 2010 19:42