First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
XP Laptop Cannot See Printer on Other XP PC
Hi, I'm looking at a problem for somebody, and am not all that familiar with wireless "stuff" etc. Hoping someone can assist. So, there is an XP desktop (192.168.1.240 / 255.255.200.0), which is wired, and an XP laptop (10.50.0.101 / 255.255.255.0), which is wireless. Both have addresses assigned by DHCP. T... 26 Feb 2010 19:49
wireless connection
I followed the Belkin CD for installing the router G. Everything went fine and the checking system gave me an okay for all areas. The problem is that my network connections in XP have a red X. They are not recognized by my computer in other words I am on a neighbors connection. How can I fix that? I also notic... 26 Feb 2010 11:57
Windows Firewall
Win XP Prof, SP3 Windows Firewall, General tab. ON is checked. Others are not. Exceptions checked: File and Printer Skype Skype Extras Manager UPnP Framework I want nothing connected to my computer except my wife's portable so that she can print. How can I have an exception for Printer but not for Fil... 25 Feb 2010 21:38
Constantly have to repair network connection to access mapped driv
Workgroup computers with mapped drives fail to reconnect after idle for 10- 15 minutes, I then have to "repair network connection" on the two other computers, and the one I am working on, then everything works fine. The network signal is always strong, internet is working and other rescources on the network are... 25 Feb 2010 13:43
cannot connect to internet
my daughter has a dell laptop with a wireless card installed. when she brings it to my house, she can connect to my internet without a problem.. when she goes somewhere offering free internet, she cannot connect. in the system tray, it says it is connected but the pages won't load. she is running windows XP.... 7 Mar 2010 16:17
Damn...
Actually, don't copy/paste that registry key info. The text did not post correctly. Use the first method. Mickey Hancharenko wrote: Try this... 23-Feb-10 Export the following key from a working XP box and import it into the one that has the missing EAP settings. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentCo... 23 Feb 2010 14:45
Try this...
Export the following key from a working XP box and import it into the one that has the missing EAP settings. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\25] Below is the actual key info if you would rather paste to a text file and rename to .reg and import. Windows Registry Editor ... 23 Feb 2010 18:15
"Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you,on to the network[SSID]"
This Work for me just fine thanks :) Assuming that you don't have a separate authentication server (RADIUS), uncheck the box to use 802.1x authentication on the "Authentication" tab of the Properties dialog for your wireless network. Lem wrote: Re: "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log yo... 23 Feb 2010 10:11
Windows7
My wife bought a new laptop with Windows7, and I got it up and running, but everytime she opens the thing, she has to click on "Connect". There must be a way to get it to look for our home wireless first. I mean, my Windows Vista laptop can figure it out. I thought Windows 7 was SO MUCH BETTER! ... 22 Feb 2010 14:11
Sharing printers
XP SP3, desktop connected to a printer and the Internet via a router with a cable. Everything is fine. My wife has a laptop. Gets Internet wireless fine. I set up a network for the printer, and she was able to print from her computer. My computer is on, and she is wireless. Everything is fine. Suddenly she ... 22 Feb 2010 02:00