First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Finding A Device?
My router shows an address for something it knows as "NPIA142A", but I have no clue. I can ping it's address, so I guess it's online. Only thing I can think of that I've installed recently is a Davis wireless weather station console - but that's a USB device and when I unplug it, the problem address is still p... 19 Mar 2010 23:29
"Connect Automatically" to Wireless Connections
When I view the available Wireless Network Connections in Windows 7, all the wireless networks have a check mark in "Connect automatically." I'm not sure if this is the Windows 7 default or if it was pre-configured this way by my OEM. In any case, shouldn't these check marks be removed from all other wireless ... 19 Mar 2010 10:48
Windows Live Mail
I have 2 computers that I am trying to run Windows Live Mail. The first computer is in an XP Home operating system. Windows live works well. The second computer is a brand new laptop with Windows 7 running and Windows Live does not work very well at all. I have used the same log on and set up specs for both... 23 Mar 2010 05:39
Wireless connection enabled but not connecting
I have a Gateway notebook model 6518gz that i wiped the hard drive with killdisk and loaded the XP OS from disk (service pack 1). I downloaded all the drivers for motherboard, audio, etc. as well as network drivers and adapter software. My notebook does detect wireless networks, it allows me to configure to t... 11 Apr 2010 19:03
No Automatic Wireless Connection
Realized this thought originally was sent on wrong group. Sorry Using wireless connection in home with Dell laptop that has WinXP SP3 active and a Dell Wireless 1370 card. Have good wireless signal (54MB) after setup each day. Find at next day restart computer in Run/services.msc always shows Windows Zero C... 13 Mar 2010 13:07
Mac confusion
Can someone illuminate why the MAC address is different for my router in each of the below scenarios. I copied these from 3 separate screens in the router setup. (I have no MAC cloning going on) My question, does the router have 3 separate addresses, one for the Wan Port then one for the wired Lan port and one for ... 11 Mar 2010 10:03
Changing order of preference of networks
I connect to the internet via my wireless network. Every night I connect my PDA to my computer to use Internet Sharing in order to connect to my work's portal so that I can print off my jobs for the next day, rather than reading them on the PDA's screen throughout the day. To get acces to the portal, I always... 11 Mar 2010 21:22
Wireless problems, again...
I have a small office with a mix of XP & Vista laptops, mostly Dells, that are all connecting to the LAN wireless. I am using a Linksys WRT54G & cannot seem to keep it running! The office isn't that large, any any where in it, the signal is very strong. At least once a week I will get calls about people not being ... 15 Mar 2010 15:51
Netbios and bindiings
Running XP Pro sp3 Peer to Peer (no server software) Lan with password logon enabled, Client for MS Networks and File & Print Sharing, all nodes are in the same named Workgroup, running a NAT firewall enabled Linksys router out connected to cable modem and all nodes connected into router either by hard wire ether... 11 Mar 2010 12:19
WAN connection
I recently had to set up a new harddrive on my wireless computer. At first I could log into the Internet through my Wireless Network Connection but could not see my other wired computer. I then tried to set up a home network using the wizard and now when I go to Network Connections I have an Internet Gateway se... 4 Mar 2010 21:26
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last