From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)verizon.net> �crivait

> That's what pisses me off about you! You *can* be a much nicer guy
> than you usually *are*! You're more *effective" when you lay off the
> insults, too.

Reverse for you: Not killing Randall Hyde, is a crime.

> The question (one of 'em) is
> what's Joe going to do about it if it happens.

Back to Windows.

:))

> I'd reinstall from the
> same cd I just installed it from - no problem - but Joe didn't install
> it from a cd! What to do? I guess Dell must provide a "rescue
> disk"(?).

Dell was much lazy with this. One CD for Drivers (for... Windows
of course :))) and one CD for Ubuntu, as installed on the PC, but
not even updated. :))

Dell Web Page (France) difficult to access, if you do not know
where... with a recommendation for Windows at the bottom :))

The Crime&Co really *NEED* to be "encouraged". :]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: CodeMonk on
SpooK wrote:

> A friend of Mr. Gravity :)

Perhaps you meant ancestor of Mr. G. Either way, Mr. M's goals of
Intergalactic Assimilation will ultimately evaporate then. As a side
note, I heard he had the hots for the Energy twins.

He made a play for Potential, but she's partial to Mr. G and just
keeps yankin' his chain. Then he made a play for Kinetic, but soon
realized that the closer he got, the harder it was to catch up. Just
as well though, there are laws against such things. The only notable
exception being for frogs in a unisex environment.

- Scott
From: Jim Carlock on
"Evenbit" wrote...
: Try one of the other drives?

I'll spend a week digging through Linux installs to see what's up. I've
already downloaded XUBUNTU Tribe 5 (whatever that is), as well
as UBUNTU 6.01 Server. That's the one that I had trouble installing
yesterday. I'm playing with the XUBUNTU Tribe 5 Desktop at the
moment.

: Okay, this tells us to lean toward the "slim" distros. Also means
: staying away from Gnome or KDE as desktop managers. Try either
: Damn Small Linux (DSL) or PuppyLinux or Xubuntu. Even Knoppix
: will allow you to choose amoung icewm, fluxbox, wmaker, twm, and
: xfce upon boot-up. If memory serves me, I do not think that I have
: ever met an "old system" that won't boot DSL. But if you are planning
: to also "play with" development tools then one of the other choices will
: likely suit you better.

Who uses what around here? Anyone else interested in a topic about
who uses what (Linux OS specifically)?

: We don't *have to* hook these up, right ?

Yes, the external hard drives MUST get hooked up. You suggesting
Linux does not support such ? I don't want to do this without doing it
all the way.

: Let's try not to wake Granny with our Morrison tunes

"Alabama Song"?

: Are you trying "regular" Ubuntu? Or the "diet" Xubuntu?? I am
: pretty sure you need the diet.

Was all Ubuntu Server 6.0 yesterday. It's Xubuntu Desktop now,
whatever the Tribe 5 thing is.

--
Jim Carlock
North Carolina Swimming Pool Builders

From: CodeMonk on
Jim Carlock wrote:

> North Carolina Swimming Pool Builders
> http://www.aquaticcreationsnc.com/

I'm going with the Diamond Brite Super Blue Plaster - Reminds me of
the Caymans. Nice job.

- Scott
From: JDavison on
//\\o//\\annabee wrote:

> Dear Sevag. You could at least try to sound convincing.

Is that another one of your lame jokes, boy?