From: JDavison on
Evenbit wrote:
> On Aug 28, 12:16 pm, JDavison <j...(a)swoosh.net> wrote:
>> Everyone knows you are guilty of stealing the name for your relatively
>> user-less (i.e. "useless") product. You're not fooling anyone, clown.
>>

> You are wrong on that note. Nobody stays around when a child is
> crying about how another kid stole his favorite toy.
>
> So, if you are confident in your claims to the "RosAsm" trademark, why
> don't you take Rene to court? You would get the chance to prove to a
> jury how Rene's distribution of RosAsm somehow delutes your income
> from a product carrying the same name.
>
> Nathan.

Nothing you said has any direct bearing, or influence, on me or on my
level of income. Did you really think it did?

When you say "toy", what exactly are you talking about? And who's "toy"
is it supposed to be?

From: Evenbit on
On Aug 29, 8:36 pm, JDavison <j...(a)swoosh.net> wrote:
> Evenbit wrote:
> > On Aug 28, 12:16 pm, JDavison <j...(a)swoosh.net> wrote:
> >> Everyone knows you are guilty of stealing the name for your relatively
> >> user-less (i.e. "useless") product. You're not fooling anyone, clown.
>
> > You are wrong on that note. Nobody stays around when a child is
> > crying about how another kid stole his favorite toy.
>
> > So, if you are confident in your claims to the "RosAsm" trademark, why
> > don't you take Rene to court? You would get the chance to prove to a
> > jury how Rene's distribution of RosAsm somehow delutes your income
> > from a product carrying the same name.
>
> > Nathan.
>
> Nothing you said has any direct bearing, or influence, on me or on my
> level of income. Did you really think it did?

You are the one making the accusations -- not me. If Rene didn't
"steal" the name from *you*, then *who*, *where*, *what*, and *when*
did it come from? Who is being hurt? Where is the crime? Why should
this story be of interest to any of a.l.a. readers? Do you have any
of these answers?

> When you say "toy", what exactly are you talking about? And who's "toy"
> is it supposed to be?

If you continue to whine about Rene, then *you* become the toy... just
like all the others who have done so.

Nathan.

From: Jim Carlock on
"Evenbit" wrote:
: Now, you seem to be all set to install Ubuntu 6.06 on your newer
: box ( the one you use every day ). If an "unmentionable" OS already
: exists there, just bomb it. :)

No, I'll start up the other server machine before I do that. This Ubuntu
stuff looks like it was made by children for children. It doesn't seem to
take advantage of 10 year old EIDE (PIO UDMA Mode 4?) hard drive
controllers. It seems awefully slow.

John C. Dvorak comments on the new MS Windows Genuine Advantage
servers...

Jim Carlock
North Carolina Swimming Pool Builders
http://www.aquaticcreationsnc.com/

From: JDavison on
Evenbit wrote:

> If you continue to whine about Rene, then *you* become the toy... just
> like all the others who have done so.

Well, if I am the "toy", then who is the "another kid" that stole "me"?

Amusing isn't it? Watching as your argument slowly loses it's "punch".

From: Evenbit on

Jim Carlock wrote:
> "Evenbit" wrote...
> : Try one of the other drives?
>
> I'll spend a week digging through Linux installs to see what's up. I've
> already downloaded XUBUNTU Tribe 5 (whatever that is), as well
> as UBUNTU 6.01 Server. That's the one that I had trouble installing
> yesterday. I'm playing with the XUBUNTU Tribe 5 Desktop at the
> moment.

Let us know how it goes.

> : We don't *have to* hook these up, right ?
>
> Yes, the external hard drives MUST get hooked up. You suggesting
> Linux does not support such ? I don't want to do this without doing it
> all the way.

I have absolutely no idea. Worth a try, I suppose. But, perhaps
it'd be best to hook them up *after* you've got a successful install?
Or...maybe that is bad advice? Seriously, that is "uncharted waters"
for me. You try it and let us know.

> : Let's try not to wake Granny with our Morrison tunes
>
> "Alabama Song"?

Some things are self-destructive.

"Riders on the Storm" and its sequal. That's his lyrical take on an
old story about the Pioneers bringing horses over to America. A bad
storm destroyed the ship, but the horses swam to a nearby island where
their decendents still roam to this day. Interesting how Jim used
that story to speak about the turbulent times he lived in.

Nathan.