From: Betov on
"rhyde(a)cs.ucr.edu" <rhyde(a)cs.ucr.edu> �crivait news:1188494884.171614.69000
@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> It's pretty obvious that the vast majority of people find RadAsm's UI
> better than RosAsm's. That should provide you with a small clue: it
> *is* better than RosAsm's.

Clown, if what most people think had any signification,
you would be an Assembly programmer.

:)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: rhyde on
On Aug 30, 10:32 am, Evenbit <nbaker2...(a)charter.net> wrote:

> > > Is this "glory" something that can be quantified? This claim looks
> > > *very* weak.
>
> > Yeah, right.
> > Have you been paying attention all these years?
>
> So, Rene is trying to get a job at Microsoft based on a "weak"
> association with the ReactOS project??

You've lost me. I have no clue how you came up with this statement
based on the current thread.

> "Lindela" ... OMG! It's got an "L" in the name! It is EVIL; don't
> touch it!
> "Windela" ... The jackboots are marching from Redmond!
> "Daniela - Der ANder IntEL 486 Assembler" ... How *dare* you
> advertise your assembler as a tool for an Intel CPU?? Surely if you
> had said "PDP-11" nobody would be confused?

There is nothing wrong with having "Ros" in a name. However, when
"Ros" explicitly stands for "ReactOS" and "Ros" is the common
abbreviation for ReactOS, *AND* the ReactOS teams has asked you to
stop using their name in your product, it's a different issue.

> Does Rene get a "free pass" just
> > because he's been a jerk for so long?
>
> Can you describe the nature of this alledged "attack?" Where is the
> damage?

You mean, the one where he keeps claiming that HLA somehow "stole"
FASM when, in fact, he is the one guilty of using a product's name
against the wishes of the owner?

> > > Would "WindowsAsm" also be considered a "misappropriation?"
>
> > The Microsoft lawyers would be all over you in a second :-)
>
> WinFAX? A billion magazines and websites with "Windows" (or some
> derivative) in the name. Damn, not enough attorneys to go around!

The difference here is that Microsoft doesn't care. The ReactOS team,
OTOH, *does* care. And they've asked Rene to stop using the name. He
refuses. He calls them *names* as he refuses.

hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: rhyde on
On Aug 30, 11:07 am, Betov <be...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> "rh...(a)cs.ucr.edu" <rh...(a)cs.ucr.edu> écrivait news:1188494884.171614.69000
> @i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > It's pretty obvious that the vast majority of people find RadAsm's UI
> > better than RosAsm's. That should provide you with a small clue: it
> > *is* better than RosAsm's.
>
> Clown, if what most people think had any signification,
> you would be an Assembly programmer.

You said it, not me. :-)
hLater,
Randy Hyde

From: JDavison on
//\\o//\\annabee wrote:

>>> I dont eat vegetables :))))
>>
>> What about meat? Do you eat meat?
>
> Is that a trick question ? :))))

Do you like to eat white meat, or dark meat?

From: CodeMonk on
//\\o//\\annabee wrote:
> P� Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:45:59 +0100, skrev CodeMonk <jascwa(a)yahoo.com>:
>>
>> I don't dismiss Rene's approach outright,
>
> But if we grab a stone each

It appears everyone already has their collections of stones at the
ready. Along with their sling shots, shields, and baseball bats as
well. If I had a few million dollars, I'd hire you all and we'd make
that elusive dream a reality. It *would* work because it would be a
*real* job, and my Project Management hat doesn't tolerate BS at work.

- Scott