First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
appcmd syntax for adding a sub-application to an existing site
I am trying to find a way to add a sub-application to an existing site via appcmd command line. I have tried to derive the syntax from various examples of modifying and adding site bindings but the XML I need to generate doesn't quite fit with those examples. I would like to result in the addition of the the f... 29 Jul 2010 18:31
Managing IIS7 programmatically from C++ (not .NET)
Hi all, Is it possible to programmatically do things with IIS (such as add virtual directories) from a classic application written in C++? It was quite easy with IIS6 and prior, but with IIS7 you seem to need to use .NET classes. Thanks in advance. -- Abe ... 21 Jul 2010 13:34
test
... 19 Jul 2010 13:34
iisadmin name on Windows 7
Hi all, I have an application that essentially restarts IIS programmatically. On Windows 2000, 2003 and XP, the name for the IIS service was "iisadmin". However on Windows 7 (and probably Vista too?) this name is no longer recognized. Through some experimentation, I figured the new name was "http" but wanted... 22 Jul 2010 12:31
New page problem
Situation: I have a web site hosted with a Provider. Frame work 3.5. Apsx pages pointing to a Master page for graphics and menu. Data stored in Sql Server 2008 tables. Now the problem. I have to change a page to correct some error in code. Via FTP I update the 3 files composing the page (page.aspx.vb, page.as... 19 Jul 2010 09:09
problem with smtp on multihomed box
Hello, I have a problem that is driving me nuts. I have two seperate networks. One is a corporate LAN and the other is a cable modem. Both networks were connected to my pc by a dual wan router. This router failed and I have no way of knowing how to restore it. I tried to multihome the pc and set up both... 17 Jul 2010 04:28
can't see all threads
why I can't see the all threads in windows server ? but can see in IIS ? ... 18 Jul 2010 23:30
Single App Set with appcmd ?
I have an IIS 7 machine with multiple apps/vdirs on the single default web site. I would like to set two of them with this authentication: anonymous - off impersonation - on forms auth - off windows auth - on I would like to do this with appcmd.exe but cannot seem to get the syntax down right. Has anyone had... 15 Jul 2010 22:01
ActiveX component can't create object
Hello, our .asp apps work currently on a win2k server (iis 5) but getting the above error and other .asp pages not working on a win2k3 server (iis 6) internet explorer 8 with suppossedly the same server configurations since this the goal here is an OS upgrade migration in using same ip after switching machines?... 20 Jul 2010 14:41
IIS & Expression Web
I recently upgraded from FrontPage to Expression Web. At one time I did have IIS installed and used with FrontPage. My system now is a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, and I have Expression Web 3 installed. Do I have server capability, either IIS or some other type? If so, how do I install or activate it? Earl ... 19 Jul 2010 05:55