First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
MP3 File Format Confusion?
Hello, I compiled some VC++ code that plays MP3 files. However, I noticed that some of the MP3 files did not play. Although, those same files played OK using the MS Media Player. Also, I downloaded a program called MP3 Header format. I noticed, that almost all of the files with 128kbps played (a couple of f... 10 May 2010 13:13
Multithreading
I'm trying to get some more experience using multithreading. My idea is to have a dialog based app that has a button to create a new UI Thread each time it is pushed. The thread ID will show up in a list box on the dialog. The UI thread will launch a dialog that starts a worker thread to increment an integer in... 12 May 2010 14:45
Crash in CFileDailog when called from hook procedure (OFNHookProc)
If you are calling SetWindowText before the dialog is fully created, you will see the failure you have described. Therefore, you must override OnInitDialog and not call SetWindowText until you are in OnInitDialog. Not knowing what you are trying to do makes it hard. You should really indicate the version of VS... 7 May 2010 12:17
CArray help
Hello, I am struggling to learn the concept of template language and the usage of CArray. I have found the CArray declaration in the afxtempl.h file and I have managed to compile with no errors the apparent construction of CArray(MyStructType); But I don't really understand what next to do with it. I am having a... 12 May 2010 13:38
Testing Framework for MFC
Hello, I've been tasked with assessing possible candidates for automated testing of our code. Basically we produce Active X ocx. These are built from several statically linked libraries of business and helper functionality. What experience do people have with testing frameworks? Ideally I'd like to test the ... 7 May 2010 12:17
Unmanaged Database Connections how?
Perhaps I'm naive but I had a thought of being able to port my vb database connection code to vc - mfc. My aim was to use something like an SqlConnection and a dbReader. But it is not working other than adding a /clr "gear" in solutions property page, for building the application. I can't remember having such ... 6 May 2010 19:52
Crash in CFileDailog when called from hook procedure (OFNHookProc)
I have created a customzied CfileDialog dialog box by attaching a child dialog to it using the hook procedure (OFNHookProc (....) ). Now that child dialog also has a browse button that also uses CfileDialog to select another file. This is done in repsonse to the WM_COMMAND message. The creation of the modal dialo... 7 May 2010 04:34
MFC (VS2008SP1) app deploying
Hi I've created app using MFC in VS 2008 SP1, when tested on other machines I've got error(s), all point to missing dll's. Did try to statically link but that provided more errors on compiling my project, so I've decided to build msi setup deployment. My first issue is weather to use merge modules or redistribute ... 7 May 2010 03:30
How to disable list box of a combo
I am trying to disable ("gray out") some combo boxes, which are "simple" (list box always shows, edit control). When I use EnableWindow(FALSE), only the edit part of the combo is grayed. How can I also have the list box drawn in the disabled color? ... 7 May 2010 11:10
General Question ... Class & Members
I have a general question concerning members of class and assigning the content. Particularly if I have a class that, for instance has an EditBox. If I use the Wizard, I can create a member data of type "Control" or "Variable". If I choose variable, the wizard does it's thing. Is this variable simply used as... 13 May 2010 19:24