First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
VS2010 and HINSTANCES
I haven't checked it rigorously, but I'm getting the impression that AfxSetResourceHandle() used to be tolerant of getting a NULL HINSTANCE up to VS2008 and no longer is in 2010. It certainly has ASSERT(hInstResource != NULL); now. For a while I got things working by replacing my AfxSetResou... 3 Jun 2010 13:26
Heap stack Class questons
I have the following confusions on Class creation. It appears from macro expansion and stepping thru the framework calls that the DocTemplate which holds the original Doc/View members are created as nameless object instances referenced with a ptr on the heap, correct ? // eg: CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pD... 7 Jun 2010 13:02
Server Busy message during printing from Excel after Off. 2003 SP2
Hello. I have an application written in MFC which reports some information to MS Excel. A "Server busy" dialog is displayed within processing after printing from Excel. After creating a report I'm calling: - Minimize my report application - Displaying Excel window - Print preview (user can print document) - ... 2 Jun 2010 07:39
"No thanks, don't want MRU's"
just want my CFileDialog to start where I tell it, everytime... ... 3 Jun 2010 05:41
How can I assign a size to a What's This popup help window?
Hello everyone, One more question. I have implemented the "What's This" help throughout my application. I notice that there does not seem to be any pattern to the window size of the popup text. Is there something I can do to specify the dimensions of the window? As a second question, does anyone know how to incl... 1 Jun 2010 11:59
VS 2010 - project dependencies.
In my 'solution' I currently have a number of DLLs and an EXE. After building, two of my DLLs are not registering as up to date, and a subsequent build links them again. Another three are fine. As far as I can tell, my project dependencies are correct. I have also checked the "Common properties: Framework... 2 Jun 2010 13:10
open .chm file from VC++ - with Table Of Contents hidden - HTMLHel
Hi All, how could i launch/open a .chm file from my app(VC++ - VS2005), where in the ..chm has to open by default without any TOC(table of contents) in the .chm. In detail,I am using ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), sFileName, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0); where sFileName is the path including the .chm file name. Now,... 1 Jun 2010 10:52
Tooltips work in vs6, but not VS2005
I have moved a project from VS6 to VS2005. The app is an MFC dialog, with tracking tooltips in a list control. When the app was built in VS6, the tracking tooltips performed as expected, but when the app is built in VS2005, no tooltips appear. I cannot figure out why this is happening, and would appreciate some adv... 2 Jun 2010 10:56
Copy A Dialog from Project to Project
Sometimes I do this but I get all sorts of errors. I know I need to move the .cpp & .h that go with the dialog, to the new project but I'm not sure what the procedure is for doing this. I seem to get all sorts of errors such as .... enum( ID = IDD_Dialog). Is there a magic way of importing a dialog (and it'... 3 Jun 2010 17:55
Conversion from UTF32 to UTF8 for review
I used the two tables from this link as the basis for my design: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8 I would like this reviewed for algorithm correctness: void UnicodeEncodingConversion:: toUTF8(std::vector<uint32_t>& UTF32, std::vector<uint8_t>& UTF8) { uint8_t Byte; uint32_t CodePoint; UTF8.reserve(UTF3... 9 Jun 2010 09:44