First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
love loe
bla bla bla , ... 17 May 2010 05:52
Love Potion for Miss Blandish
bla bla bla ... 17 May 2010 04:48
New utf8string design may make UTF-8 the superior encoding
Since the reason for using other encodings than UTF-8 is speed and ease of use, a string that is as fast and easy to use (as the strings of other encodings) that often takes less space would be superior to alternative strings. I have derived a design for a utf8string that implements the most useful subset of... 30 May 2010 01:31
UTF-8 string in MBCS project
I've just inherited an MFC program which was created with MBCS project setting. There is now a requirement for a string provided from an external source in UTF-8 format to be displayed by the program in a CStatic control. The string may contain Japanese characters so these need to be displayed correctly. Ho... 19 May 2010 01:46
MFC Dialog - Menu
Question One Why when I add a menu, the dialog size cuts off the bottom so that only half of the buttons (Ok & Cancel) show? I guess when the toolbar is added across the top, the dialog does not compensate. Question Two When adding a menu Help->About, is there a way to invoke the system menu that is already... 16 May 2010 23:26
Lets create comp.microsoft.public.vc.mfc or alt.microsoft.public.vc.mfc
We can create a new newsgroup to replace the ones that Microsoft will be deleting. From what I remember creating a new newsgroup in the alt hierarchy is really easy. It would be better in the comp hierarchy, but, this is more difficult and requires substantial agreement by many people. ... 17 May 2010 01:36
Simple encryption solution
I'm looking for suggestions for encrypting/decrypting strings. In the app, there is a (potentially huge) unicode string which is an entire xml file, ready to be written to disk. I'd like to encrypt it with a user-supplied password, write it to a file, and later read the file and decrypt it (in memory). Post ... 20 May 2010 11:41
CFileDialog filter for files without extension
Hi, I need to open a CFileDialog so the user can open a file, and I would like the dialog to only show files without extension. Can it be done? I've tried "My kind of file (*)|*|All files (*.*)|*.*||" and "My kind of file (*.)|*.|All files (*.*)|*.*||" with no luck. The first one shows all the files (as I had expe... 17 May 2010 12:26
Newcomer's CAsyncSocket example: trouble connecting with otherclients
Joseph M. Newcomer wrote: if (PeerInfo != "") return PeerInfo; // HLS FIX **** Try this: if(!PerrInfo.IsEmpty()) return PerrInfo; Note that it should be _T("") **** Too many letters to type to reach the same result. :) Plus, I like how it reads so that is what I use normally use... 14 May 2010 04:06
64-bit MSVFW32.DLL problems
Hello, I am developing an VC++/MFC application - MP3 player. The 32-bit version, of the application, plays the MP3 files OK. But, with the 64-bit version, there is no sound. I downloaded uAMP (native 64-bit) MP3 player, and that programs plays the MP3 files OK. I am building the application using the MSVF... 13 May 2010 21:36