First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Fast alternative to table based state transition matrix
I got this answer from comp.theory. It was completely obvious once it was explained. It is trivially simple to create a DFA based recognizer without a state transition matrix data table. Simply encode case statements corresponding to inputs within the case elements of a case statement corresponding to states. ... 20 May 2010 20:31
check boxes in a tree
Short version: on a CDialog based dialog, I have a CTreeCtrl based control that contains a flat list of HTREEITEMs, each with a checkbox. When I add items to it during OnInitDialog, none of the checkboxes appear ticked, even though I set some of them checked and stepping through the code suggests that they shoul... 20 May 2010 13:55
DC identification
In my drawing I have different options, depending on the device (printer, screen or metafile). To distinguish them, I thought to use their DCs. The following code seems to work but I wonder if it's reliable in any case. Any purposes? void CChordView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { BOOL bMetafile = FALSE; if (pDC->... 20 May 2010 20:31
Suppress status bar pane "What's this" menu on right click
Hello. How can I suppress menu "What's this" displayed on right click in status bar pane? I don't call parent CStatusBar::OnRButtonDown(...), but menu still appear. Thanks. ... 20 May 2010 15:01
Resize the MFC ribbon
Hi, I'm creating a new application using the MFC Ribbon. However I'm struggling with a very important issue, I did not succeed to resize the ribbon height. The ribbon is too big, and I do not know how can I decrease its height. Any solution ? ... 20 May 2010 07:18
Oldest perseon on earth (Was: Re: Simple Valication Check... Question)
Hello, Joseph M. Newcomer wrote: c_OK.EnableWindow(...usually other conditions here... && age > 0 && age < 120); as far as I know, there are no documented records of someone exceeding the age of 120. The verified oldest person reached 122 and something. Though, it is very unlikely that your applicat... 20 May 2010 11:41
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 21 May 2010 13:56
Displaying Information to the User (maybe HTML)
Using VS2008, MFC Dialog App In my menu, I have a Help>Information. I don't want to display the typical help (.chm file). I have a simply .htm file that I would like this menu to display. However, I don't want to distribute the htm file. So here's my two Questions. Question 1: If I drag my Info.htm fi... 28 May 2010 13:46
Simple Valication Check... Question
Using VS2008 I have an app that has an edit box that contains the Clients Age. I'm doing the validity check when the edit box looses focus. This works great when the user clicks a button that runs the application. However, if the user clicks Run App from the menu, the edit box does not loose the focus... th... 22 May 2010 06:14
Designing a Finite State Machine DFA Recognizer for UTF-8
On May 19, 9:08 pm, Hector Santos <sant9...(a)gmail.com> wrote: You are too SNEAKY of a person.  You are not honest and you are the type of person that will steal from others and claim it your own. But he uses a legal way? He does not steal. He asks nicely and people tell him. "Ask thy will be given" all by ... 24 May 2010 00:29