First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Query between 2 tables with one-to-many relationship
I have a report that I generate via a query which promptme me for a value for one field of one table. I want to generate all the entries from another table that correspond to that one field in that main table. I get the info, but many times over. For exampe if there are 6 entries in the second table, I get a... 21 Apr 2010 17:46
Special Characters in Access 2007
I'm working on a database that has fields filled in with sizes (i.e. 1.5", 2", 3", etc.) I know the " shouldn't have been used but it was. When writing a query to show only 1" items I get the message "The expression you entered has an invalid string." I usually can get past this by putting the " in brackets (l... 21 Apr 2010 15:42
Compare dates in two seperate records
Hi, I have a table that has multiple rows for person, each with a different admission date. What need to do is to build some a query that will identify the number of days between each record, is this possible? Originally, simply did a difference between the min admission date and the maximum admission date.... 22 Apr 2010 10:21
Customizing the print view for a crosstab query
Dear All, I think it is difficult to make a report out of a crosstab q. due to variable columns. since my culmns are not date or month ,they are names (and I cant change columns with rows since rows have 2 levels of info). I would like to print the query directly. But I wish to change the headings such as date... 21 Apr 2010 07:24
Negative Figures In A Query
Hi I have greated a query that sums up alot of different fields into numbers, the only problem is the numbers always return as a negative! How do I need to wright the expressions so that the figures return a positive number and not a negative. Example: I get (-214) when it should be (214) Any help woul... 21 Apr 2010 11:33
crosstab query
I have a crosstab query for a two year period. How can I get it to return a zero value if there is no incidents for that year. I want to ensure I have all the locations even if nothing happened. ... 21 Apr 2010 20:53
Building/Storing a passthrough:How to assign connection string andmake passthrough
I know the connection string I wish to apply, and have the SQL ready query, I just don't know how to put it. This stores it as a basic query. What do I do to store it as a passthrough with Cnnect as as the connect string? ========================== Dim Q As QueryDef, DB As Database Dim Selectpiece As Str... 20 Apr 2010 19:42
Append if Not Exist
I created the following basic Append query INSERT INTO tbl_Clients ( ClientName ) SELECT [Tmp_Imp].[Client Name] FROM [Tmp_Imp] GROUP BY [Tmp_Imp].[Client Name]; But now I need to add a twist, I need to only append those Clients that do not already exist in the table already. How would I go about this? T... 21 Apr 2010 14:40
You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified e
The problem is you can not have your cake and eat it too. If you sum, count, avg or any other function that rolls data up then those fields that you do not do these functions to must be set to Group By so as to roll them up also. You can sum in a separate query and join or use DSum function. -- Build a lit... 20 Apr 2010 12:24
You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression...
I originally thought this problem was with my report so I posted it under the reports section but not I'm seeing that it is a query problem so I am re- posting it here. I ran in to some problems while trying to do a sum in my report footer but had problems because I was trying to do a Sum of a Sum. So, I created an... 20 Apr 2010 11:22