First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
DOMAIN\user and LOCAL\user are same persons and want to share a profile on local machine.
Hi Folks, I have a case where the same person is a member of two domains: DOMAIN\user and LOCAL\user. I have modified the registry so the profile list for both now identifies "C:\Documents and Settings\user" as the path and I have modified the permissions on "C:\...\user" so the DOMAIN\user and LOCAL\user h... 4 May 2010 22:25
MS06-024 update not found
Was the patch MS06-024 rolled out as part of any Service Pack? If not, then is it not true that all Media Player critical vulnerabilities are rolled up in future patches? My machine at home has Windows xp Pro Service Pack 3. I was wondering if it could be exploited through Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Co... 3 May 2010 16:31
Local list of users
Suppose you have 100 Windows XP or 7 PCs, can you get a report from the Domain Controller to know which local users are created in each PC? ... 28 Apr 2010 01:48
Modify printer permissions (security tab not showing)
I have windows XP home edition SP 3 I am trying to change the printer permissions for my home printer so that both my and my husbands accounts can change the printer settings. The windows help and support said to hold the control button while right clicking on the printer, and select properties to show the se... 25 Apr 2010 22:18
Login Error..
When attempting to login error code :0x80090006 appears and then the screen goes blank.. the message description is unable to validate activation.. Can only boot into safe mode withou networking using adminstrator account. Using Xp home editions. Any suggestion as to how to restore? ... 24 Apr 2010 23:50
Windows Firewall startup - Suprising problem.
Hello Gentle People, I run Windows XP. SP3. New Avast 5 (free edition) Anti Virus, SuperAntispyware, Spyware Blaster and Malwarebytes. I don't know whether Avast and Windows Firewall may have conflicts buit I have recently noticed that at bootup Avast appears with a warning that the system is unprotected. N... 7 May 2010 00:15
How do I deploy the NSA templates?
I'm supposed to harden an XP system according to the NSA guidelines. However, it is taking far too long. There are supposed to be some templates included with the pdf file explaining how to harden the system, but I can't figure out how to use them to make ALL the changes at once. Could somebody please give me some ... 22 Apr 2010 18:42
GPO Screen Saver Impacting PowerPoint Slide Show
Hi, I have AD W2003 GPOs setup on XP PCs as part of standard build. Users do not have rights to change Screen Saver which is set to 15 mins with password protection via GPO I was informed that Directors & Sales are unhappy as PowerPoint Slide Shows are being locked out ater 15 mins of inactivity, due to GPO se... 21 Apr 2010 15:42
Documents and Settings folder
looking under my Documents and Settings folder in XP SP3, I show folders with other users names, These users never logged on to my WS, how do these folder get created? thanks Rick ... 21 Apr 2010 10:31
ICS
HI i am salim khan ghaznawi and i am IT officer in a bank. in my office i have 2 NIC cards in my computer and i shared it to the other ussers but in my computer both NIC cards have send and recive and i can access internate in my own computer but other ussers that i have shared internate with them they can not ... 20 Apr 2010 01:03