First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
KB953297 .Net Framework patch-suppress reboot on silent instal
Thanks MowGreen, that works! I'm kicking myself that I didn't check this out for myself by trying to run the patch with /? because it explains all the switches that can be used and, wouldn't you know it, /norestart is there. I've been looking at this on/off for the past week and even got Microsoft Support inv... 6 Apr 2010 15:21
Unable to block Removable Storage Devices
We tried with the Group policy of windows server 2008 to block the Removable storage. We tried by downloading the .adm file and adding it to the templates. Even then it didn't work. We tried installing a KB on the Xp machine but it too did'nt work. Its a critical issue. Can any one help us regarding this. ... 6 Apr 2010 16:29
Inactivity Timeout
I have set up multiple ids on XP. I log in as user1, and if I have no activity (ie., no keyboard action, or move the mouse, etc.) the system will display the login form. How do I keep it from re-displaying that form, or is it really logging me out? Thanks. ... 5 Apr 2010 16:09
Disable / Modify Windows XP Idle lock out behaviour
Hi I have XP SP3. I tried tired ...in just about all forums..yahoo answers and none of them get me the solution...so I have come to the make of it all Microsoft . My XP locks the user after some 4-5 mins of idling out . What I did so far : <> CP > Remove prompt for pw. <> gpedit : ALT CTL DEL lock option di... 6 Apr 2010 05:19
opening a security port
I am having trouble publishing my new website from Sibername.com. I get an error message ">Cannot connect to raywayagautoparts.ca using fsockopen, please make sure raywayagautoparts.ca resolve to the server correctly and outgoing TCP port 80 is opened.<" How do I do this? Can anyone help? I am a novice when... 5 Apr 2010 06:07
Virus, posing as a flash player upgrade on web page,infectedmy sy
What is the name of the malware that attacked your computer? How did you 'finally remove' the malware...and how do you know it was finally removed? Besides Windows Defender, what other anti-malware software were you running on your unidentified version of Windows at the time your computer became infected? ... 2 Apr 2010 18:13
Virus, posing as a flash player upgrade on web page,infected my sy
It bypassed, disabled, and destroyed windows defender and then infected IE 7, Real player, installed 4 programs and reset some of my admin. options. I finally removed the infecting virus and compomised programs and installed another firewall, but now I can't get the Task manager to run at all. It has this erro... 3 Apr 2010 17:03
Allow non-admin to log off currently logged on user
Hello: Is anyone aware of a setting that would grant a non-admin user the right to log off the currently logged on user at the console? For example, I'm the admin and lock my computer and walk away. If I'm gone for a few hours and a non-admin user needs to use my computer, that user won't be able to log me ... 31 Mar 2010 11:01
Windows Security Center does not detect 3rd-party anti-virus s
Dear Twayne Thank you for your suggestion. It is little you can do, however, in WSC itself. The plain text says that WSC has not found any anti-virus software in my PC. (very surprising !) Further WSC explains what a purpose of anti-virus programs is and how it is important to secure my PC. (very helpful.) The... 29 Mar 2010 19:14
Multiple browsers in separate security contexts, launch incorrectl
Hi, first up, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right forum, as this may be an IE thing, rather than a Win7 thing and it may not be specifically be around security. But anyway, here's what I'm seeing. I've recently started testing our corporate Win7 build and my day-to-day account is low privledged. My ... 28 Mar 2010 19:00