First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
How to disable write access for CD/DVD drive?
hi guys i am looking to disable read option from CD/DVD Drive while i want it to burn CDs and DVDs for users in windows 2000 pro and xp? is this possible? Please Help Nouman -- noumman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ noumman's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/memb... 29 May 2010 15:46
Software for Strongly Encrypted Files
I recently obtained a 2T external drive for my XP laptop, and I would like to copy directories (folders) to it with strong encryption. What software should I use? Thanks, Mike. ... 31 May 2010 11:58
EFS, encryption and offline files
Hopefully someone can help me understand this situation. Currently implementing efs, encryption and offline files for laptop users. Everything is perfect when people are connected to the LAN. In offline folder settings I also have enabled to encrypt offline files. However when users are offline and have access ... 27 May 2010 17:05
System Administrator???
I'm a disabled senior guy. I received this computer on Freecycle.com. It works fine, except, when I try to add,for example Adobe 9 or Java, it tells me I need permission from the system administrator. She told me she just used her first name (Susan) with no password. When I first booted it up I deleted the 2 na... 30 May 2010 12:11
Does OneCare need ZoneAlarm?
In Bing I insrt Zonealarm to download ,answer is : do not rcognize ??What to do ? "cloud36" wrote: After removing completetly McAffee (annoying reminder pop-ups) and reduced Spysweeper to only scan once a week otherwise shut off, OneCare and ZoneAlarm are my loyal gate keepers. But I noticed that ... 21 May 2010 16:09
anonymous network access
Hi! I have 4 windows XP computers (Home/Pro) where user names and passwords don't match. One of the computers has a few shares that I want to make accessible to everyone but don't require them to enter username/password every time. What do I need to Enable/Disable in local security policy on the computer w... 24 May 2010 11:15
error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.
Hello , I have the same problem to , I'm using with Exchange server and i want to update the time in one of our laptops , After i'm right down the following message : net time /set \\dc3 the next message occurs : "System Error 1314 has occurred a required privilege is not held by the client" i tried t... 20 May 2010 05:10
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past sev... 20 May 2010 01:56
Local Policies
A previous individual set local security policies so even the administrator is locked down with no icons for programs, cannot get to the internet and most importantly cannot use Windows Explorer or “run”. Is there a way to reset all the local policies to the original default? ... 21 May 2010 08:25
Is my computer less secure not using a proxy server?
XP- 32 Bit I am on a home network. If the settings on IE 8 under Internet Options> Connections> LAN Settings> Proxy server The box next to "Use a proxy server for your LAN" is not checked ... 19 May 2010 17:10