First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Windows XP Password after locking computer does not work
Hi, I have following problem. When the user logs into his PC (on the domain) it works fine. He can enter his password and then work. But when he locks his computer and wants to enter it again by hitting ctrl alt del the system does not let him in. It tells him that the password is wrong. he needs to r... 29 Apr 2010 00:15
Passwords
I cannot get to any screen. I have a split Welcome and log on screen. Using control alt delete twice I get the log on screen but can get no further? Help. "Bruce Chambers" wrote: Elizabeth wrote: The issue I am having is that my only computer admistrator forgot their password. How do I find ... 8 Mar 2010 20:58
Allowing Non-Admin Users to install Active X?
Hi, We have set up a single windows host with several accounts on it. Each user connects via Remote Desktop with their account is allowed to perform client side type of work including browsing the internet and internal internet applications. Some of these applications contain Active X controls. Since w... 9 Mar 2010 03:29
Rogue virus again?
Two weeks, two viruses, now I am infected with something that does not allow me to open ANYTHING from the Control Panel, I get a message: C\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exE Application not found I tried to do a system restore but I get a blue screen with something like: If this is the first time you see this m... 9 Mar 2010 07:51
Corrupted isass.exe
Hello NG, Last week I had a power outage when I was using my desktop, and when I tried to restart my computer I kept getting error messages that Windows had encounters a problem and was shutting down to protect my system. After a couple of attempts to reboot I got an error message saying something about my p... 8 Mar 2010 20:58
windows xp pro
cant get online..page cannot be displayed ... 4 Mar 2010 16:58
The policy engine did not attempt to configure the setting
I have one XP SP3 workstation that I added as a domain Server 2003 R2 member. When I run RSOP on the workstation and look at any of the enabled computer settings, and veiw the Precedence tab there is an error. "The policy engine did not attempt to configure the setting. For more information see %windir%\secu... 3 Mar 2010 15:18
Can't login after switching from domain to workgroup
This helped me out as well, but may I also suggest trying to boot from the Operating Systems Retail CD/DVD and performing a system restore. This resolved my issue. Thanks again. "Malke" wrote: Paul Kraemer wrote: Hi, I have a PC running Windows XP Pro SP3. This PC was originally part of... 2 Mar 2010 11:16
Do all updates need to be installed?
Hello, I just want to ask since I don't use Windows messenger, Outlook express, Blue tooth and have disabled Telnet service and Message queing service can these vulnerabilities be exploited if I don't install security updates for these even though I have them disabled or don't use them? ... 1 Mar 2010 05:54
Windows XP Firewall
When I turn on my computer it gives me a pop that the firewall is not turned on. I have to go into the control panel and turn it on, but why doesn't it automatically come up at start up? ... 28 Feb 2010 22:17