First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
MSIE Fake antivirus scan web page
Has anyone had the above pop up over and over disrupting work? Norton blocks it, but XP has to be rebooted to get the fake page off the screen. -- I appreciate the help and advice. David Martin ... 2 Feb 2010 17:44
Default profile by Workstation
Can you force a default profile by workstation? In other words, can you ignore a user's profile for a particular workstation, but still allow the user to log on? ... 11 Feb 2010 15:06
How to block file copy function transfer through the VPN.
Hi Sir/Miss, I had just build up a VPN for my company with a windows 2003 server. But my company only want the users who can connect to our VPN for just remote desktop function. We don't want the users to use our file server's resources. I had tried to block by IP Filter function from the "Routing and remote ... 4 Feb 2010 13:29
Vista user folder - Access denied when trying to access as externa
To gain access you probably need to take ownership of the folder-tree. If using XP Home this is tricky as the controls are only accessible in safe mode. In Pro you need to turn off Simple File Sharing. A better alternative, get and build a copy of BartPE or UBCDWin. http://www.ubcd4win.com/ http://www.nu2.... 2 Feb 2010 17:41
Vista user folder - Access denied when trying to access as external drive
I need to remove a virus from a Vista computer that is in C:\Users\Username\Local Settings\Temp. The AV on the computer stinks and the virus hides itself from Vista (rootkit). If it were an XP drive I would just remove it and attach it as a secondary drive on a good computer and scan it with my AV and manuall... 2 Feb 2010 17:41
Error Code 1706
I have XP Home; I am getting error 1706 when using a limited user account and it tries to access my MS Office 2000 cd, which I put in. However, it does not finish the install. I have run the group policy procedures described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/258847/en-us (I had to download a... 27 Jan 2010 18:21
Recycle Bin problem
I have Windows XP and my recycle bin icon shows it as full but when I open it nothing is there. However, if I click on Empty Recycle Bin, a message states, "Are you sure you want to delete these 14 items?" The problem is there's an important file in there that I need to recover. I don't know what happened. I tr... 25 Jan 2010 21:52
Same Username and Password, Can't Access Shared Files
I just added a new computer to the network and want to access shared files on our network. I am using the same username and password as has been setup on file computer. This username works on two other computers but not on the new one. It can only access folders that have permissions set to "everyone". I have ... 26 Jan 2010 12:06
Hidden Item Settings under Folder Options getting changed everytim
Hi All, I am using Windows Xp SP2. From past few days, three settings under Tools->Folder Options -> View are getting changed everytime I restart my computer. The settings are 1)Do not show hidden files and folders, 2) Hide Extensions for Known File Types and 3)Hide protected operating system files(Recommend... 22 Jan 2010 17:30
stored user network passwords
This was already set: For Windows XP Professional * Click Start, Run and type Secpol.msc * Under Local Policies, select Security Options * In the right-pane, scroll down the list and locate the following entry: Network access: Do not allow the storage of credentials or .NET Passports for net... 21 Jan 2010 13:29