First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Power-on password
When I set up my laptop (quite a while ago) I established a power-on password. I am preparing to pass this laptop on to someone else and would like to remove the necessity for the password. Since a lot of time has passed from establishment until today, I can't remember how I accomplished this fete. Can anyone a... 21 Feb 2010 23:50
Antivirus Soft
What a headache do I have! My other computer got infected with Antivirus Soft, I believe it is malware. The problem is that it will not let me browse the internet to download Malwarebite's Antimalware, which I read in a post that will take care of it, it really does not let me browse for anything! it keeps goin... 17 Feb 2010 08:52
antivirus setting
have installed antivirus norton 2010 fire wall shows on, when i go to norton window ,it shows computer protected., but window security showing antvirus off,and fire wall on,is there a problem? -- 1999 ... 13 Feb 2010 03:54
request recomendation for "offline" registry hive diff utility
I have two sets of system, system.LOG, software, and software.LOG hive files. One set is "before", the other is "after". I am looking for a good utility that will let me compare them, and having trouble finding one. There are two requirements that I have having trouble finding a tool that can fulfill: 1) ... 15 Feb 2010 13:14
Administrator for dummies please
Hi Malke. Just a quick feedback. I ended up rebuilding my pc and in the process discovered that I did indeed have an Administrator account & password. I now understand the process more clearly. Thanks for your help at the time, Lynda ... 11 Feb 2010 03:57
Suggested privileges for domain users ...
What are the suggested WinXP local/machine priviliges for WinXP users on a domain ? Assuming that these users should not be Local Admins, should they just get added to the WinXP local Users group ? Are there any known, critical issues with users having restricted priviliges that necessitate work arounds ? Wil... 9 Feb 2010 14:01
Vista user folder - Access denied when trying to access as ext
"Anteaus" wrote: To gain access you probably need to take ownership of the folder-tree. If using XP Home this is tricky as the controls are only accessible in safe mode. In Pro you need to turn off Simple File Sharing. A better alternative, get and build a copy of BartPE or UBCDWin. http:... 9 Feb 2010 08:23
System logging problem
when i log into my computer, the user, it will say welcome logging in Beck. It will then say a moment later logging off Beck This has been going on for a week and has been extremely annoying because that cpu is my main one. I have Windows Xp home and have had it since 2006. ... 8 Feb 2010 23:41
remove antivirusplus
antivirusplus has attacked my pc. I get pop ups every 60 seconds saying I have a virus and need to purchase this product. I have deleted it from add and delete programs, but pop ups still there. I searched the program in my files and deleted 4 files found, but 2 files say cannot be deleted. I tried to restore t... 5 Feb 2010 05:03
Mobile User - Temporary Admin Rights
I am looking for a similar solution. The problem with the solution mentioned below is it does not scale. Ideal solution would be Step 1: User runs into issue that requires local admin access Step 2: User contacts support with valid reason for admin access Step 3: Support provides a temporary "key" to allow for... 4 Feb 2010 19:09