First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
What is the default XP security template?
Had a situation where a workstation was not processing the default domain policy when the user was logging on to the domain. Last username still displayed when logging on, etc. Finally determined that C:\WINDOWS\security\Database\SECEDIT.SDB must have been corrupt. Through Security Configuration and Analysis... 22 Mar 2010 13:07
User confusion
XP Pro SP3. Login screen shows only one user "Andreas". When logged in his "Documents" show the content of a folder "bruker" (means "user") in Documents and settings. The folder "Andreas" is there, too, with folder structure and no documents. Control Panel/Users shows Andreas (administrator), Gjest (=Guest, ina... 18 Mar 2010 10:33
Patch verification registry key in another Language
I am making Multi Language SecurityChecking Program. In designing phase, question an issue happend. The Program is cheking Windows OS patch, by Searching registry such as "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP4\KB972270\Filelist" (the key is published in "http://www.microsoft.com/tech... 18 Mar 2010 00:31
EFS nightmare
Hey all I have a WinXP SP2 workstation. It has an external hard disk that is failing and there are some files that are encrypted that we cant decrypt. So we cant move the files. The user is not sure who initially encrypted the files but the file shows an AD account that is specified as a data recovery agent for... 25 Mar 2010 11:31
perflib_perfdata_63c
Need some help, I found this file "perflib_perfdata_63c" in a Windows temp file. C: WINDOWS\Temp\perflib_perfdata_63c I tried to delete this bu it would not remove, I also tried shredder and still no removal. I ran SpySubtract and Norton and they both did not seem to identify this malware or spyware. Can a... 16 Mar 2010 22:07
Screen Upside Down Virus
Hello, Switched my PC on today and when it loaded (XP Home) the screen was upside down. As it is a LCD thin screen, I just turned it upside down, but obviously, if looks stupid. Anyone had this virus?, and if so, how did you resolve it?. All suggestions warmly welcomed. Thanks ... 28 Mar 2010 17:54
windows live onecare
have any of you ever used windows live onecare...a waste of $50.00. Now i know why they are discontinuing it. it finds NOTHING and i have to run antispyware and antimalware to keep my pc clean. please suggest the best free protection for my machine since i won't be using this one anymore. ... 16 Mar 2010 18:37
wordpad unable to open rtf file - security warning - win xp sp3 64 bit
windows xp sp3 64 bit os. current with MS updates. stand alone, not in an AD domain. trying to open a .rtf document that only has a print screen of a config information screen capture ( ALT-prntscrn). get pop up window - Windows Security Warning This document contains code that your... 13 Mar 2010 13:08
Removing local adminstrative rights causes issues
All employees at one location have administrative rights to their PCs. We are removing Admin rights and giving all employees User access only. There have not been any problems with the process for most, but a few of these employees have been experiencing problems opening Outlook and a few other third party app... 11 Mar 2010 14:37
lost login
OK I had a massive crash after using an update driver utility to update all the drivers on my system. I opted to not back the system up before doing so, confidently feeling that I knew what I was doing and not to worry. Story of my life. Needless to say however, not everything was a complete loss. Upon reboot and a... 9 Mar 2010 14:41