First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
UK number interpreted as US - weirdness...
Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.mobile Job Justification Hearings, Lobster chose the tried and tested strategy of: However it seems very odd to me. When the calls were placed: (a) How did the "+44" become interpreted as "0"? (b) Why did the calls connect to my UK contact without any problem at all? Presuma... 2 Aug 2010 09:14
What do we think of O2?
O2 are the biggest network in Britain but I have never really used them until I got my O2 world cup promotional SIM a while back to see what the fuss was about before getting a contract. Whilst I am very impressed with 2G coverage (best of all the networks around most of the West Midlands I'd say), I have hesita... 4 Aug 2010 21:16
Going abroad
I have a laptop that I want to take with me on hols in the caravan, possibly to France. It has a PCMCIA socket but only USB 1.1 Can anyone recommend the best solution to comms (wi-fi and GSM) and the best route to it, i.e. a PCMCIA modem or a PCMCIA/USB2 card with a USB modem? I have a Belkin 54g USB stick f... 1 Aug 2010 18:06
Media player design flaw
Poldie;213335 Wrote: On 1 June, 08:43, markinglenos...(a)nospamfastmail.fm (Mark Ingle) wrote:- alexd troffa...(a)hotmail.com wrote: - Every electronic device I've used that has a speaker and an earphone socket switches over to the speaker when the earphones are disconnected and vice versa. They'd n... 29 Jul 2010 22:54
divert to other mobile
Can anyone recommend a cheap cellphone that I can pop my work voda sim in so that it will only forward calls from a recognised whitelist to my personal mobile when on leave? AJH ... 6 Aug 2010 17:07
Mobile internet browser problem - FIXED
Thank you all - it was the DNS - She changed it to Google and it worked. Thanks again. Slatts --- & Daughter! ... 29 Jul 2010 12:59
Mobile internet browser problem
I would be grateful if someone could offer a solution to a problem my daughter is having with her internet connection in Tanzania! She is out in the wilds and only has mobile internet. I know nothing of mobile internet! It works off a Vodacom USB stick. The PC is an Eee. The fault is that no browser will wo... 29 Jul 2010 09:42
HTC Hero on Orange gets Eclair 2.1 update
I have a HTC Hero Orange branded but unlocked to all networks and have been waiting patiently for the Android 2.1 Eclair update as it comes with Android 1.5 Cupcake as standard. Well early this morning they finally released part 2 of the OTA update which is 2.1 Android Eclair and I have successfully updated th... 28 Jul 2010 17:23
uk.telecom.mobile mini FAQ (weekly posting)
This is a weekly short posting giving brief details of where to find more information about the subject of uk.telecom.mobile: mobile telecommunications in the UK. There is also a companion group called uk.telecom for discussion of non-mobile topics. Before you post, please consider which group to use and then po... 28 Jul 2010 03:08
HTC Wildfire tethering
does anyone know if this can be done *without* a lead. Doesn't look like it from HTCs websiite, but wondered if anyone knew different ..... ... 27 Jul 2010 11:45