First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Android or Windows Mobile?
I am looking for a new smartphone, having sed WM2003, WM5 and WM6.5 on my previous phones, I now see the mention of Android phones. Is it likely that Windows Mobile phones will be a thing of the past soon? Is Android taking the lead in popularity, and which is the best O/S to have? Are there plenty of free apps f... 26 Jul 2010 09:27
What is "tethering"?
I've been connecting my laptop to the internet via mobile phones for at least the last 10 years now, but I've noticed the use of the word "tethering" being used recently to describe doing something like this. I may be missing something here, but is this just a fashionable new use of the word to describe what I've a... 22 Jul 2010 09:13
What do T-Mobile do if you use your phone as a modem?
I'm not talking about going over my allowance, just using it within my allowance. The terms and conditions are pretty clear about it not being permissable but I'd like to link up my ipod touch occasionally to the net and it seems the easiest way to do it. I'm on a pay-monthly deal with "unlimited" internet (i... 24 Jul 2010 17:45
iPhone 4 jokes
R. Mark Clayton wrote: Apparently Julius Caesar had one - here is a picture of him where he was holding one (long since nicked) Unfortunately he was left handed so he could only use it as a tablet with a stylus like other Romans. Who knows - if he had been right handed and his iPhone 4 had worked... 19 Jul 2010 08:04
changing the headset earphone settings
For some reason the headset earphone has suddenly stopped working on my Nokia 6300. I plugged the earphone into another phone and it works, so it looks like something happening within the actual phone. In the 'enhancement' settings there is a 'default profile' and an 'automatic answer', changing these does not... 19 Jul 2010 21:18
Unlocking Virgin-branded Alcatel 621i
Ready for a Lebara SIM card - is it possible to unlock a Virgin branded phone? If so how please? Thank you - Chris B. ... 21 Jul 2010 14:44
Nokia E72 questions
Whist fiddling with my new E72 I came across a menu for changing the voices in the sat nav software. I picked one of the english ones more or less at random. Now, I can't for the life of me find any way of accessing the menus that allow you to change the voice. Nothing in the supplied manuals makes any refer... 20 Jul 2010 17:59
Nokia Respond to Apple Press Conference
Nokia has officially responded to the Apple press conference that Nokia gives priority to antenna performance then the physical design. Nokia has also stated that Nokia is the “ pioneer in internal antennas” and the Steves Jobs statement the elite smartphone like Blackberry, Nokia, HTC, Samsung may have the same a... 18 Jul 2010 14:53
GiffGaff half price goodybags (bolt-ons) for July
No one seem to have mentioned this yet? http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing Ends July 31st: 30 days of 100 mins, unlimited text, unlimited internet for �5. 300 mins, ditto �7.50. unlimited mins, ditto �17.50. and e-voucher tops up now available: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Welcome-and-News/eVouchers-roll-... 22 Jul 2010 16:56
HTC Wildfire - any users
looks like my next work phone will be one of these. I currently use an N5800 ... is this a sideways step or a step up, or will I hate it as much as I hated the HTC touch ? ... 22 Jul 2010 13:37
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last