First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Snapshot of screen
Hi VB lovers, I'm using the following code to get a snapshot of the screen in a StdPicture object. http://www.devx.com/vb2themax/Tip/19172 However my problem is I need to get the space used (no of bytes) by the image in memory. Is this possible? If not I would like to convert the image into... 24 Nov 2009 17:55
ODBC driver error with Visual Foxpro Version 9
We have a VB6 application that works fine up to version 6 when using Microsoft Visual Foxpro driver (6.01.8629.01) to connect to a .dbf file . With Visual Foxpro version 9 (driver version 1.00.02.00) run on XP it gives the error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support this function. Is... 20 Nov 2009 16:52
Freehand Lasso
I would like to add a freehand lasso to my VB6 app. Currently I have a box lasso that works OK but would like to be able to allow the user to freehand draw a lasso to use to cut and paste a image. Can someone show me how to do this or point me at some smple code or let me know the correct terminology so I can loo... 17 Nov 2009 19:45
How to get disk size in VB6
Hello, Can somebody tell me what VB6 code i need to get the size of a disk? Thanks in advance Bu ... 18 Nov 2009 15:46
will FileLen give an error on very large files?
Just come across the fact that FileLen has a problem with large files in that the result will become negative if the filesize exceeds the range of the Long datatype. Now, will there be an error if the filesize exceeds twice the range of the Long datatype? I can't find a file of that size, so I can't test. The ... 18 Nov 2009 16:53
Dao350.dll unsupported under Windows 7
Hi, In the MS Support Statement for Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 (Update: August 2009) found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbrun/ms788708.aspx there's a section titled "Unsupported, But Supported and Compatible Updates or Upgrades are Available." In this section the... 18 Nov 2009 14:38
Need for thumbnails
Hi I have made a small a program that lists jpg picture files ie app.path & "\testfolder\Image1.jpg" in a grid 2,3,4 etc etc I need to use a Listview to show thumbnails of each picture. (or if there is a free alternative would be interested) At present i am using GDI+ to resize pics on the fly and load the... 15 Nov 2009 06:47
Common Controls 5.0 / Windows 7
I'm since decades a fan of Visual Basic. When installing my 'old' VB disk on my new computer with Windows 7 every use of 'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0' (COMDLG32.OCX) ends up in 'Permission denied'. How can I come around that? Leo ... 13 Nov 2009 03:21
Is there a way of fetching the date/time or size of a file on the Internet?
Rather than downloading the entire file just to see if it's changed I'd just like to get the date/time and/or size of a file on an HTTP site. I've searched somewhat using AsyncRead but nothing quite relevant there that I can see. I probably don't know what keywords to use. I'm using Karl Peterson's NetGrab c... 11 Nov 2009 16:53
Printing the Form
Hello. I'm trying to write a routine to print the form currently with the focus. I'd like to select which printer to use when the print menu item is selected, without changing the Default printer for the whole system. For printing the form, I tried to use PrintForm. It did print the form, except it failed t... 9 Nov 2009 18:53