First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Making an exe file
I am creating a personal program using VB6 and Windows 7. I have not used VB6 for a couple of months and this time after the program has been completed and tested under the IDE I went to create an exe file but the Make Exe file and the Make Project Group items are grayed out. I found some references on the we... 12 May 2010 20:21
DbgWProc in Win7 64
Hello, I can't seem to register DbgWProc.dll ("Debug Object for AddressOf Subclassing") in Win7 64. I placed DbgWProc.dll (32 bit) in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (supposed to hold 32-bit files) and tried to register it using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.dll. But I always get a mysterious "Error loading module C:\Wi... 12 May 2010 15:53
Groups Gone Wild
It seems that Microsoft has accidentally created a few groups over the years, then removed them from their own servers. I'm afraid it's a hit/miss story, though, as far as them still being available on the broader usenet. Two I'm aware of: microsoft.public.access microsoft.public.word.programming On ... 1 Jun 2010 17:32
sending email
Using MAPI I've been sending email in vb6 for years. But what it does is launch the clients desktop email program (outlook express, outlook, whatever). Many of my clients are now using web based email but want to email from my app. I found code that sends email using a gmail account using cdo for vb6, works... 12 May 2010 23:40
How can I convert a subtitle file into a cue file?
For ages I have been planning to write a simple VB6 app that takes a ..srt file (subtitle file) and presents the subtitles on a second screen at the right time during playback of the associated movie. For those who don't know what a .srt file looks like, here's a short sample: 1 00:00:05,238 --> 00:00:07,672 ... 11 May 2010 17:56
VB6 to Web
Hi, I have an old app written in VB6 and wanted to change it to a web-based application, something that could be run in any browser, in any Windows version. Would I need to get it written from scratch? Is there any other possibility? Thanks, -- Luiz Horacio ... 15 May 2010 18:06
Reestablish Server Connection
I have a program (I'm the client) that connects to a server. The server reboots everyday (out of my control) at 4:45:00 for three seconds. At this time my program hangs (stops receiving data) and does Not continue after the three second interruption. Is there a solution to reestablish or maintain this connect... 17 May 2010 22:25
The NNTP exodus continues.
C. Kevin Provance wrote: MSFT is now using their indian call center puppets to do their dirty work: Do the headers support that? Just want to be sure, before this gets any dirtier than it already is. -- ..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org ... 12 May 2010 11:23
SetFocus to MDI Control
Hi, I have a ComboBox on an MDI form. After I load a child form I'm unable to do frmMDI.cboWhatever.SetFocus I get no error but the combo does not get the focus. I presume I need to do something else first. Any ideas? TIA, Charlie ... 13 May 2010 09:23
SHA1 Hash
I have been tasked with creating a feature in an existing VB6 app that will interact with a clients web portal. The problem I am having is that the web interface requires I send the data (this is simply context info...no passwords) packed in a SHA1 hash. My hashing function(s) must create the exact same value as ... 12 May 2010 11:23