First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
New usenet hierarchy proposal
Hi to all, seems to be that for all interested in further discussions, help etc. on VB Classic themes a new Usenet hierarchy should be created. Now I am no expert here, but AFAIK we need: - a naming - a primary host of the hierarchy - an ok from usenet administration Naming could be: vbclassic.en.mis... 12 May 2010 14:45
data disapear
Hello, I made a software writing data to access database. It has been worked well for many years under W2000, XP and also Win7. Now I encountered the problem at one Vista installation. After some days data were entered suddenly disappear data and the database is empty. Maybe windows installer brings the older v... 7 May 2010 11:10
Check if String has a number
Hi xStr can contain a string which includes numbers or not contain numbers if it contains numbers I want to edit it. In my example which does not work xStr = "03 Best of Time" If IsNumeric(xStr) Then txtHold.Text = "Yes" Else txtHold.Text = "No" Can you help please Ron ... 11 May 2010 11:11
It was a good ride - will miss y'all!
The final insult they had left to deliver... Q: When will this transition be complete? A: Microsoft is closing newsgroups in phases and anticipates completing this by Fall 2010. Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx -- ..NET: It'... 14 May 2010 13:56
Localized Date
I am looking for a strategy to localize the date as we recieve if from the database. All dates are stored on the server based on the database server's local time. Most of the SQL statements are inline and ad-hoc using ado and vb6. What I am hoping to avoid is adding date manipulation logic in those inline sq... 5 May 2010 03:53
variables in 64 bit OS
Hello, I wrote the code in late 90's and some of my global variables are declared as Byte. My question is: Should I convert all those variables to Long as now we are dealing more and more with 64 bit Windows, or it does not matter? I do not want to run into compatibility problem. Thanks, Claire ... 4 May 2010 11:13
Read/ Write file header
I would like to attach a custom "header" to a file so that I can savely identify which format is it (it's my own custom format). Can somebody please tell me how to do that? I don't want to use the extension only because I have different versions of my file format and I need to check which one is actually is. ... 3 May 2010 22:03
Why is Access 97 so much faster than VB6 when searching?
Details: Access 97 mdb, 1.7 million records. I'm searching a text field (indexed) for a given phrase. Access 97 takes 15 secs to execute: SELECT Data.DX_MsgNum, Data.DX_Subject, Data.DX_Date FROM Data WHERE (((Data.DX_Subject) Like "*ford prefect*")); However, in VB6 I have: Dim Conn As ADODB.Connection ... 12 May 2010 19:14
Is There An AC/Battery API Call
Does anybody know if there's an API call for selecting AC versus battery power in a laptop, or is this done via BIOS firmware or something? If it is an API call, doesn't anybody know which library is called and the name of the function(s)? ... 1 May 2010 12:04
Show a previous instance of app running in system tray(Added Question for Karl)
Karl, I have added the following code to my program, but I am not sure it is correct, as I don't know exactly how to recreated the taskbar. Is this the right way to implement this function? If it is the correct way to implement this, what would happen if I run ShellTrayAdd function and the icon is there" ... 3 May 2010 18:44