First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Using a typelib
Dear NG, To use an UDT as parameter in function calls, I code a typelib that contains just this UDT. Works great in the IDE. But when I crate an installation (Visual Installer) and install the App on a differnt PC the program doesn't start, just nothing happens when I dblclick the icon. I found out that this ... 15 Jun 2010 13:11
Problem with Right Context Menu Entry
Hi, I am adding a right context menu entry, to explorer, for my program to use. I am adding this entry to the HKCU registry so that it is available to me and then deleting the entry when the program closes. This is the code: fWriteValue "HKCU", "Software\Classes\*\shell\Erase With FileClean", "icon", "S",... 26 May 2010 23:33
Karl, slight bone to pick with ccrpCountdown.Duration = 0 causing crash
I've just realised that the reason my app keeps crashing out of VB IDE is because the duration I'm setting is zero! I'm now testing whether the delta time = 0 and if so, setting it arbitrarily to 5. But why the crash? MM ... 1 Jun 2010 16:26
Identifying Modified Database Fields
Situation is as follows: - We have an SQL Server database table that is being updated in a synchronisation process from another source database, via code that loops through the source records, finds the corresponding records in the destination database, and updates relevent fields (via RDO, SELECT correspond... 26 May 2010 11:22
printer escape sequence
When sending a print job to a printer, how does one send an "escape sequence", to access the fonts installed on the printer itself? ... 28 May 2010 03:56
Email with VB6?
Hello, I'm trying to find out how to send and receieve email from VB6. I'll build the simplest possible test program able to 1. recieve mail from an IMAP server 2. extract the subject line 3. check MIME type of attachment 4. read attachment to file 5. move messages around between folders on the IMAP server 6... 25 May 2010 10:14
A replacement for about-to-be-closed NGs
Greets, To those of us who, for whatever reason, are still using "unsupported" technologies, these news groups are a valuable resource. The quasi-related forums to which Microsoft has invited us are hardly replacements, posts about 'classic' technologies will be OT, and I'm sure pretty much everyone who posts... 1 Jun 2010 17:32
ADO versus DAO and Windows 2000
A few weeks ago I was asking about the performance of ADO against an Access 97 mdb, and later, taking advice, I implemented DAO to compare. However, now I have had occasion to test my project on Windows 2000 and the performance is way, way better with ADO. Same VB6 program, same CPU/Mobo, same query, same databas... 31 May 2010 14:11
String decoding
I have to make an import function for a different program whose string encoding/ decoding I don't really understand yet. Some parts of the encoded string is ASCII, but some are not. For example the German character "�" is encoded by 5C (I looked it up in a hex editor), which would be 92. I don't have any idea whi... 26 May 2010 06:59
Ensuring files are copied correctly
Folks I've had a request to double check that files which my utility as copied from the network server to the client PC has been copied correctly. Presumably by using a CRC although it looks like I could also use SHA or MD5.. Any comments on Calculating CRC32 With VB http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb/co... 10 Jun 2010 10:02